Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

1 Message

August 1st, 2019 05:00

Dell Inspiron 5675 GPU

Is the ryzen 7 1700 version of this Pc compatible with a RTX 2060? I love the performance of my amd 570x but I’m looking for more FPS

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

August 1st, 2019 07:00

one more time, again,  the list is simple.

1. It must fit and not hit,  endless cards sold with all sizes, not JUST ONE SIZE ok, so measure your space 1st (SEE WHY THIS IS 1ST?)
  2. then slot POWER limits, some dells have slot power limits, not sure 5675, due to bad dell docs, later on that.
  3. will it communicate ok? sure. PCI-e no problems there.
  4. will the  RTX 2060  175watt (all by self) overload your current   PSU, IDK. 400WATT psu?
  5. will windows 10-64b v1903 like this card  sure as sweet rain yes. (right as rain)
  6. The PSU needs 2 AUX power jacks to handle at least 100watts (pair)

did I miss any, IDK but the dell docs are odd,

if they list slot limits, it has slot limits (dah factor 1)  the PC may have 460watt PSU,  like 10 reviews on this PC show no spec,, for PSU. oddly.

one guy at TOMS said

alienware Dell PSU 850W swapped the 460 W that the Dell 5675 came with.

not withstanding , some need the PSU  Lock there removed or retracted by force. or cable ties! if present, (look first is always best)

the dell parlance of docs:?

but if  no slot limits, means ATX 75watt spec. they don't say that. in the docs, dang ! (hate that I do)

nor docs on slot space, ever. (one must beg here to learn  it  or buy the PC and use a ruler , and cry ahhhhh the hdd cage hits,......)

cards can be had (one number) in long, 1,2,3 fan card short tall, or both. endless sizes, so learn that first.

if you fancy 1 card, why not post links to it so we can read the spec to you,. even size is first, not last.

and 10+ maker all making them what size THEY WANT EACH. tall cards are best,  and full sized MT cases.

different sized VRAM can be a bigger card (longer. or even taller) my R9 card in my T3610 ,  I had to re-engineer the card clamp in the lid, ! cut it and put in new foam rubber wedge. R9-380s are super tall.

so you have FAR BETTER CHOICES EVEN NOISE !

That photo im looking at for you now , base 5675 , show a huge metal object in the way of long GPU cards.

see that? but is on the non Ryzen.. I see now.

Inspiron 5675 ryzen5, has more space I see,, rear of GPU.

I can't post photos today,l the link above is dead. (or iE11 is sick)

so no nice empty case photos by me to post. yet.

that is my GPU report, fit is first learn to find that out first.  if it can't fit move on.

No Events found!