Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 11th, 2020 18:00

GPU stuck in slot “messed up”

image.jpg

Tried to replace my GPU, didn’t hit the level before unscrewing but after. Now my GPU is half in and half out of the slot. Close to the clip it is stuck in, and no amount of gentle pressure has helped me put it back in, or back out. Any help or ideas would be great, if I end up having to replace the entire thing it’s ok. 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

July 12th, 2020 12:00

I suspect the back of the GPU where the video ports are located might be stuck against the back of the PC b/c it went in at an angle, try checking there. Also, it looks like it is sagging too on the half-not-in, side of the gpu fyi. 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

Dell doesn't let you edit the posts after a certain amount of time, I think it is like 15 or 20 minutes.  

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

Since you marked it solved they should probably stop contacting you about it though, if you got an email from them. 

• 

25.7K Posts

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

5 Posts

I actually solved this issue and am just looking for a way to delete the post, the ellipses does not show an edit button for me to delete or remove the content in it

No Events found!