Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

June 8th, 2018 04:00

Inspiron 24-5475 AIO, Touchscreen, IR not working

So I cleaned installed windows 10, installed drivers in the order Dell prescribed, updating everything I could. Now I can't get the touchscreen to work. In the Device Manager, there is no HID compliant touchscreen, even under hidden devices. During the Dell bios test, it shows as present, just not in Windows 10. Any ideas what to do? I've updated the chipset drivers and installed every piece of software on Dells support page, but I still cant get it to work.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 8th, 2018 06:00

You can attempt to install these AMD A12-9800E APU drivers. See if they will install, reboot and retest.

* AMD A12-9800E APU drivers

If still no go, try these Windows 10 Touch Screen drivers. See if they will install, reboot and retest.

* NextWindow driver update for NextWindow 1950 UCS Compliant Touch Screen (Windows 10)
* eGalaxTouch Windows 2000/XP/7/8/8.1/10 Touch Screen driver

1 Message

June 9th, 2018 09:00

Same problem.... tryng reinstalling AMD driver as indicated below .. not working yet

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 9th, 2018 14:00

Is there any "unknown" device and/or any entry marked with an X, ! or ? in Device Manager? Be sure to look under USB. 

Open Device Manager and expand list under USB. Double-click a root hub and then click its Power Management tab. Uncheck the box "Allow PC to turn off..". Repeat for all USB root hubs. Now expand list under Human Interface Devices in Device Manager and uncheck that same box for any entry that has a Power Management tab.

Exit Device Manager and open the Win 10 Power options screen. Select your currently active power plan. Follow the links to change plan settings and navigate to the Additional Settings page. Disable USB Selective Suspend. Save the change to the power plan, exit and reboot PC.

Does that help?

2 Posts

June 19th, 2018 15:00

Non of the suggestions have worked, ive bow tritried multiple versions of the bios and chipset drivers to no avail, and it seems im not the only one with this problem

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2019 03:00

Hi 

I have same issues, did you solve yours?

13 Posts

July 25th, 2019 10:00

Hello. My Inspiron 24 5475 has exactly the same problem. Suddenly, about three months after the purchase, the touchscreen and camera stopped working.
Do not even appear among the devices in the "device management" of windows 10. I tried to re-flash the bios, to install drivers of any kind, to reinstall windows, but nothing has changed. The touchscreen and the camera have inexplicably disappeared.
Has anyone found a solution to make them work again?

August 13th, 2019 16:00

...Dell tech support verified to me during a support call on 6\18\2019 that this model PC (at least some of them) had what they called "known problems with the motherboard".  As of now, replacing the motherboard did fix this issue for me. 

A little background.  Previously I had called in several times about this but eventually gave up after replacing the touchscreen twice and camera once had no lasting effect.  The devices would immediately appear/work after replacing them but were gone again after a few weeks.   Every once in a while the touchscreen would make a brief appearance which I tracked using a program called USBDeview that was always running in the background.   

So when/if you call in, tell them that this is not an software issue/isolated case and somewhere it is documented that these computers were manufactured with a defect that can only be fixed by replacing the motherboard.    

I hope this helps.

9 Posts

February 23rd, 2020 16:00

Did they send you a motherboard for free because of the defect or are they not taking ownership of it? I need to get my hands on one too @robkleinpeter 

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 24th, 2020 07:00

Inspiron 24 5475 All-in-One is no longer sold.

Unless warranty was extended its not likely you would get a new motherboard.

Actually unless you have done clean install and added the OEM chipset drivers its not likely that the motherboard is bad.

I also see no such documentation of motherboard issue.  The chipset and video and audio drivers are not native to windows 10.  This would cause a problem every time there is a feature update to windows.

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/inspiron-24-5475-aio.html

Description Download
RealTek ALC3266 High Definition Audio
This package provides the driver forRealTek ALC3266 High-Definition Audio and is supported on the Inspiron 5475/7775/5675 Series running the following Windows operating system: Windows10More details

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04353338M/3/RealTek-ALC3266-High-Definition-Audio_F1PXW_WIN_6.0.1.8158_A01_01.EXE

Description Download
Dell Inspiron 5475 AIO System BIOS.
This package contains the Dell system BIOS update for Inspiron 5475 system. BIOS is a firmware that is embedded on a small memory chip on the computer's system board. It controls the keyboard, monitor, disk drives and other devices. This update improves the BIOS POST (power-on self-test) time.More details

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER05316477M/1/Inspiron_5475_AIO_2.14.1_x64.exe

Description Download
AMD Bristol/Summit Chipset
This package contains the driver for AMD chipset and is supported on Inspiron models that run the Windows 10 operating system.More details

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER05643694M/1/8c8w6mulwt4_Win10-x64.zip

You have to extract the drivers from the zip file and install.

https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Description Download
AMD RX560 RX580 R7 Graphics Controller GPU
This package provides the driver for the AMD Radeon TM RX560 RX580 R7 Graphics Controller and is supported Inspiron 5475/7775 Series running the following Windows operating systems: Windows10.More details

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04802483M/5/AMD-RX560-RX580-R7-Graphics-Controller-GPU_FXYHW_WIN_23.20.15016.15_A00_02.EXE

No Events found!