Start a Conversation

Unsolved

BB

2 Posts

March 9th, 2019 12:00

Inspiron 3477 Touch, issues, refund

Just got Inspiron 3477 touch.... supposed to be 12g plus 16g optain memory... very slow out of the box. Called support because prepurchased office was not available. First guy hung up on me when I told him i couldn’t understand his English, second call yielded an agent that was slightly easier to understand but I had to get him to speak super slowly and repeat himself often. Still other than trial no office 2019... they said 24 to 48 hours to call them at the email they will send...that was hours ago, still no email. The support supervisor was the hardest English to understand, he did tell me that he was speaking english; but, I am not sure I believe him. He then ended the call after babbling off three sentences I didn,t understand. It has been less than 24 hours since I opened the box , but not sure the computer or the premium plus support will be worth it if the support calls take 3 times as long due to language barrier of foreign outsourced technical support. How long do I have to return a new computer for a FULL refund?

March 9th, 2019 13:00

Definitely bought office... dell needs a day or two to get it to work for me.

Computer was online for almost 24 hours. Did updates this morning..

Just took 49 minutes to install ROBLOX for kids.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

March 9th, 2019 13:00

Sure the PC isn't downloading/installing a bunch of updates in the background? Dell's SupportAssist app checks for updates when the PC goes on line. And even a brand new PC needs updates...

Did you order and pay for Office 2019? If you did, there should be a small card amongst the paperwork that came with the PC with your Product Key which will allow you to activate it. If you didn't pay for Office, all you get is the trial version.  If your invoice shows that you paid for Office but didn't get a card with the Product Key, Dell will have to sort that out for you.

Dell's USA return policy

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

March 10th, 2019 13:00

BTW: which CPU do you have, Core i3, i5 or i7?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

March 10th, 2019 13:00

When you say "install ROBLOX", does that mean to download it via WiFi or to install from an optical disk?

If you mean download via WiFi, check to see if you have SmartByte software installed and disable or uninstall it. See if that helps your WiFi speed.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 12th, 2019 04:00

You must return within 21 days.

Pre Purchased Office comes with

MICROSOFT PRODUCT IDENTIFIER CARD

MPI CARDMPI CARD

that's where your key is.  This key must be registered online.

There are no more offline activation's.

There haven't been physical Disks since Office 2010.

Activate and install Microsoft Office Home & Student

How do I install and activate Office Home & Student with my Microsoft® Product Identifier card?

Pre installed Office comes with
Microsoft ® Product Identifier (MPI) card in the original retail box.

The MPI card is used to activate a full version of Microsoft Office Home & Student.

Use the following steps to activate and install Office Home & Student using the MPI card:

Locate the MPI card found in the original retail packaging.
Press the Windows key + C then select Search.
Type Microsoft Office in the search.
Click Microsoft Office to launch the application.
Select Activate.
Enter your product key as found on the MPI card.
Click Continue to start activation of Office Home & Student.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 12th, 2019 19:00

@Bechtel Bunch wrote:

Called support because pre-purchased Office was not available. 

Still other than trial no office 2019... they said 24 to 48 hours to call them at the email they will send...that was hours ago, still no email. 

For many years now, it's been a bit tricky to Activate.

Best I can tell, it's a special file sitting on those machines, and it must be redeemed (and linked to a Microsoft account) before it accidentally gets deleted (like resulting from a system Dell-Recovery re-Imaging).

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln304490/how-to-find-and-activate-microsoft-office-2016-2019-365-on-your-new-dell-system?lang=en

AFAIK, there are no more key-cards shipped.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 12th, 2019 19:00

@Bechtel Bunch wrote:

Just got Inspiron 3477 touch....

1. supposed to be 12g (ram memory)

2. plus 16g optain memory... very slow out of the box. 

1. That is fine

2. 16gb-Optane caching a spinning-HDD is still gonna be kinda slow (as in, just a bit faster than a HDD). A conventional SSD would have been a better choice.

No Events found!