Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 29th, 2018 12:00

Inspiron 5675, Power LED, 6 blinking amber

My Dell Inspiron 5675 gets 6 Amber lights when I try to start it up, pretty sure it is a video card problem but mine is plugged in right and should be working. im running windows 10.does anyone know what the issue is?please help thanks

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

July 29th, 2018 14:00

It is a GPU issue -- unplug the system, hold the power button for 30 sec.  Then remove and reinstall the video card.

See if it'll power up thereafter.

Is this a new card, or one you've been using for a while?

4 Posts

July 29th, 2018 14:00

I got the system in february, I've already tried unplugging and holding the power button and turning on without and progress though( I didn't remove and reinstall card after doing this though) and for an update I booted it up with same results, but the power button turned white after awhile, nothing on screen, no lights on inside computer, and mouse and keyboard didn't light up. I read that it could be updating so I think I'll leave it do this for a while. Is that a good idea or no?

4 Posts

July 29th, 2018 16:00

Update just tried powering down unplugging and holding power button then uninstalling and reinstalling the card and no luck.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 30th, 2018 06:00

Do you have another PCIe x16 video card to test in there?

4 Posts

July 30th, 2018 08:00

I'm not sure what that means I have the default Inspiron 5675,

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 31st, 2018 05:00

You stated, "pretty sure it is a video card problem", which is why I asked, "Do you have another PCIe x16 video card to test in there?". Meaning, do you have another PCIe x16 video card on hand to test? If not, disconnect the monitor cable from the video card. Open the case. Remove the video card from the motherboard slot, reseat it, reconnect the monitor cable, then retest.

1 Message

January 5th, 2020 14:00

I got a new graphics card and have this issue tried both PCIe x16 slots on the motherboard and it won’t launch just does the 6 blinking amber lights

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 5th, 2020 15:00

@MorganBin-

What's the recommended size power supply for your new card and what's the size of the power supply in your PC?

Does the new card require a secondary power connection directly to the power supply and did you connect it?

If this is a retail card (rather than another Dell OEM card), you may have to disable Secure Boot in BIOS setup.

1 Message

July 26th, 2023 15:00

I have swapped the gpu for a 1660super and am having the same problem (this problem started long after I installed the gpu) do you have a fix 

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

July 26th, 2023 16:00

@R4yyan  - If it was working, maybe your 1660 super GPU has died.  

Can you test this monitor on a different PC or a different monitor on this PC to rule out the monitor?

If your PC has an AMD Quad-Core APU, you should have onboard AMD graphics HDMI port on the back panel. In this case, remove the 1660 card and connect monitor to that HDMI port. (The AMD HDMI port may be inactive when an add-in video card is installed.)

If you don't have the AMD HDMI port, you'll have either to try a different PCI-e x16 CPU in this PC or test the 1660 GPU in a different PC...

No Events found!