Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 10th, 2018 06:00

Inspiron 5675, wireless drops out

Hello i recently well 6 months ago I brought a Dell inspiron 5675 and when I connect it to the wireless network the while house drops out and we need to reset the router. This is becoming a problem as I brought this pc to stream on twitch and do YouTube but without internet it's hard to do that and I'm also doing other work on it but that's also requires wifi but as I said when I connect to the wireless everything in my house drops 

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

-shaunterr

3 Posts

@DELL-Jesse L wrote:

Shaunterr,

WIFI keeps disconnecting Windows 10
Right-click your WiFi icon at the bottom right corner of your PC desktop and click Open Network and Sharing Center.  Right-click your WiFi adapter and click Properties. Go to the Power Management tab. Un-tick the box for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

I cannot say why all your other devices in the house are disconnecting. You may want to troubleshoot the router or possibly purchase another one. Look into updating the routers firmware by going to the manufacturers website.

So I did the first one but that didn't work and In the morning I'm going to take my desktop into another room and plus it into a Ethernet to see if that still kills the wifi but right now in Melbourne it's 11 at night so I'm going to get some sleep first

• 

17K Posts

Shaunterr,

WIFI keeps disconnecting Windows 10
Right-click your WiFi icon at the bottom right corner of your PC desktop and click Open Network and Sharing Center.  Right-click your WiFi adapter and click Properties. Go to the Power Management tab. Un-tick the box for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

I cannot say why all your other devices in the house are disconnecting. You may want to troubleshoot the router or possibly purchase another one. Look into updating the routers firmware by going to the manufacturers website.

July 10th, 2018 09:00

Are you connecting using the network name and passcode, or are you using wireless protected setup?

How many other devices do you currently have on wireless?

This really sounds like a type of wireless configuration issue.

3 Posts

July 10th, 2018 19:00

@tbonesullivan wrote:

Are you connecting using the network name and passcode, or are you using wireless protected setup?

How many other devices do you currently have on wireless?

This really sounds like a type of wireless configuration issue.

I'm connecting using the name and code, we have around 8 or 9 things c9nnected via wireless while everything else is wired.

No Events found!