Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y

July 30th, 2018 11:00

Inspiron 5675, won't boot, flashing amber light

my dell Inspiron that I only bought two months ago has always been fine except today when I attempted to turn it on but instead I was given a orange flashing light (bleeped 4 times) unlike the normal white light, I tried unplugging power supply and replugging but I have no idea what is wrong, Please help!! :(

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

July 30th, 2018 18:00

4 beeps is usually a RAM (memory) error. So try this:

1. Power off, unplug
  2. Press/hold power button for ~15 sec
  3. Open case and carefully reseat RAM modules in their slots. Check Service Manual for details on removing/installing RAM
  4. Close up and see if it boots now

If it still fails, you should contact Dell Tech Support for warranty assistance and possible memory replacement.

2 Posts

July 31st, 2018 03:00

tried that but still nothing, starting to wonder if something is damaged but have no clue yet again, rly not good with computers :/

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

July 31st, 2018 11:00

Now it's time to contact Dell Tech Support since your PC is still under warranty. Have your Service Tag handy when you contact them. (Do not post your Service Tag here.)

2 Posts

August 18th, 2024 22:24

Just had the same problem.  In my case I had just re-applied thermal paste to the cpu and heat sink.  Was pretty confident it wasn't the ram even though that's what the diagnostic light was telling me.  Eventually got back to removing the heat sink.  When I did, the CPU was affixed to it, and no longer in the cpu socket.  Removed the cpu from the bottom of the heat sink.  Re-inserted the CPU into the socket, Re-applied the thermal paste, and reconnected the heat sink... fixed.

(edited)

No Events found!