Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

February 1st, 2018 10:00

Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller is waking computer

My Inspiron 3847 will not stay asleep in Windows 10.  Other than the keyboard and mouse, I have disabled every device that I could find from being able to wake the computer.

Running from the Cmd prompt, powercfg -lastwake, typically shows me that it is the "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller", waking the computer.  There is no power management tabs for this device.

I tried to run from the Cmd prompt (as administrator):  powercfg -devicedisablewake "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)".  The computer response was that I did not have permission to disable wake.

I tried logging on as Adminstrator, (eventhough the command prompt window showed that it was in the administrative mode, but this did no good trying the above command.  I still didn't have permission.

I really do not want to disable the USB 3.0 Controller to allow the computer to stay asleep.

Does anyone have a solution.

2 Posts

February 1st, 2018 11:00

I could find nothing in the BIOS under power to disable.  In fact, no where in the BIOS, was anything that looked like it would effect the sleep of the computer.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

February 1st, 2018 11:00

Do you have wake from usb selected in BIOS/UEFI turned on? There might be this option in the BIOS that allows keyboard or mouse wake up there. I'd check the power options.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 2nd, 2018 13:00

Do you mean it's turning the monitor on, or...? Is this always at some specific time of day/night?

Did you look at the Windows Task Scheduler to see if something set to run while the PC is idle (eg sleeping) like an antiviral scan, Windows Indexing Service, somebody's update software (eg, Adobe).  Dozens of things usually be set to run.

Win 10 also has automatic Maintenance. Go to the main Windows Control Panel and open Security & Maintenance control panel. Expand the Maintenance box and follow the links to turn automatic maintenance off, or at least schedule it at a time that won't make you crazy. :Wink:

See if that helps...

No Events found!