Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

2 Posts

March 24th, 2019 19:00

PC Troubleshoot

Hi,

I recently ran into a problem with a PC I bought. I don’t know what the problem exactly is, but it lead me to a blue screen where I have to choose a keyboard layout. After that, I have 2 choices.
1) Troubleshoot
2) Turn off your PC

But the problem is that every advanced options such as SYSTEM RESTORE, STARTUP REPAIR, COMMAND PROMPT, UEFI FIRMWARE Settings and SYSTEM IMAGE RECOVERY dont work. In other words, the only option I can do is FACTORY IMAGE RESTORE and it says that it may erase some data. Since I don’t know anything in this, it would be appreciated if I could get more information about what to do next if I want to go back to all documents like to the desktop.

Thank you,
William Hu

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

March 25th, 2019 06:00

Could you please post the exact model number of your system and what is the error code on the blue screen? Also is the system under warranty inasmuch as you stated you just bought it?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

March 25th, 2019 11:00

And mention the version of Windows too, eg, is it Win 10 Fall'18 Update (build 1803) or something older?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

March 25th, 2019 14:00

Are you trying to use a keyboard that has a non-standard (non-QWERTY) layout?

Did you try connecting keyboard to a different rear USB2 port on the PC?

2 Posts

March 25th, 2019 14:00

It’s a gaming PC:

Inspiron 15 7000

i7 7700HQ

16gb RAM

GTX1050Ti

There is no error code on the blue screen. When I open the PC, I can choose a keyboard layout that leads me to different Troubleshoot options.

I bought the laptop in a BestBuy store with a 1 year warranty with DELL only (not BestBuy). 

No Events found!