Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

6 Posts

March 5th, 2021 20:00

5509 backlight bleed issue

with the brand new purchase, I am seeing a light leakage issue, however, when I contacted to customer support they told it is as per design. I am confused here how the defect is as per design, attaching images please suggest this is normal or a leakage of light.1615004503394.jpg1615004503429.jpg

See at the left top corner there is light leakage than compared to other corners. 

Support denied there is an issue.

1 Rookie

• 

42 Posts

March 6th, 2021 00:00

I too am facing the same issue but on all the four corners. Also I do have a edge misalignment issue from left and right sides of the same 5509 laptop but they are listening. Just asking more and more images and videos of the issue, wihtout any plausible resolution and already have wasted a week of mine over phone calls and emails.

Dell INDIA Customer support is pathetic. Really shameful of them.

Here is the link to my post: https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Manufacturing-defect-and-other-problems-arising-within-20-days/td-p/7824499

March 12th, 2021 20:00

I am not happy with the service.

I am not accepting there is no issue with the product.

Here, the photographs are not able to capture the picture/actual, that see does not mean there is no issue. For better proof, I have now taken photos from the DSLR camera which is again average quality. Also compared the Dell Latitude 5400 with a received laptop and I can see a clear difference. Also attached the video taken for comparison and showing the defect. the photos are taken in the low and high light conditions shown the light source as well. I am working in the software industry for the last 8 years so I am pretty much aware of the standard LCD panels and what defects look like. Assuming this, please do not send me the link for the article again and again. Your quality control team put me in trouble, either give me a replacement or refund my money, with this service I am now good with going with another brand. if you consider the part replacement in an authorized service center then in that case for traveling it will take 1500 INR and lots of my valuable time. All I am bearing this for no reason !! nothing wrong here from my side it is just because you have sent me a product with a defect. I do not want to bear extra expenses for traveling in the remote city for Laptop repair, as this is a Covid situation, hope you will able to understand the risk I have to take here in that case.

I have uploaded the images on google drive,  hope you will able to access it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C38f4kj5_sZbj6Vl9LYdatf5-NsVS_jt?usp=sharing

No Events found!