Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

12 Posts

February 18th, 2019 12:00

7567 "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart"

Hello,

I have recently installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on my m.2ssd on my 7567. I use my hdd for general storage purposes. I have installed all of the windows updates and dell updates/drivers. I was playing starcraft 2 recently and noticed the fan speed started getting loud and then A blue screen would come up and say "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". It would collect data and then restart. This has happened 3 times. Twice when I was playing starcraft 2 and once when I was doing something else a bit intensive. I have been playing starcraft 2 for a while and my fan speed would always increase but I would never get the "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" error. 

There is one thing I should also mention and that is I did change quite a lot on my dell laptop. Originally it had a 1TB hdd and 8GB ram. I added 32GB of ram (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B079HJGQZ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). On top of that I also added a crucial m.2 ssd (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07J2WBKXF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). The RAM was installed with no issues that I could see. The SSD was a different story. Once I got it detected by the computer I used acronis which is the sw Crucial recommends to do disk cloning. After cloning I booted from the ssd and saw that everything was working fine. I removed my hdd and tried starting the computer to see what would happen. It booted normally from the ssd without me going to the boot menu. I plugged the HDD back in and booted up my computer. I used diskpart to wipe the hdd and then moved all of my documents, videos etc over to the hdd. Things were working fine for a day and I was enjoying the blazing fast speed. The next day I installed a windows update and then after that my laptop shut down.

I booted it up and that is when I got hit with the "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" error. I should have taken a picture of the exact error but I forgot. I was thinking it was just a dumb error that would go away if I restarted. I quickly realized I was wrong. I scoured the internet for answers and realized that I would have to do a fresh install of windows 10 and that was the only solution. I called tech support just to make sure that was my only option and they confirmed it was. I went ahead with the installation of windows 10. I installed all the microsoft updates and dell updates/drivers. Things have been good and so far no serious error like I got earlier. However, I am thinking that my new error "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" may have something to do with the change in configuration. Sorry for the long post just wanted to make sure the full story was revealed. Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

February 18th, 2019 13:00

Something is wrong with your post, it won't allow reply's

You don't have permission to access "http://www.dell.com/community/forums/replypage.editorform.form.form.form" on this server.

Reference #18.f570e93f.1550527273.526661c0

February 18th, 2019 14:00

I am confused. You have submitted a reply right now and so have i...

293 Posts

February 18th, 2019 14:00

It allowed this response from me on his "Reply"  box

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

February 18th, 2019 15:00

Well, when you updated windows most likely windows install a hardware driver that your notebook doesn't like. I would check the versions of hardware drivers in device manager and see if they match up with the ones you installed.

I would also download and install Dell Command Update, it will require you to remove dell assistant and dell update, do so. once Dell Command Update installs run it and download and install the drivers recommended.

Another way you can try to repair windows is using DISM tools, these won't help if it's an incompatible driver. But will repair window if its indeed a windows issue.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

February 18th, 2019 15:00

@Teetertotter wrote:

It allowed this response from me on his "Reply"  box

Yes not sure what the issue was, I think it has something to do with copy paste. I have recurring responses in *txt files, that i past in to reply's,  once I removed most of that and replace it with a link to a tutorial that shows him the same routine for repairing windows it seems to have posted? I don't remember seeing any rules about posting by copy paste method?

7 Posts

April 2nd, 2019 00:00

Had a similar issue, after 5 or so windows 10 reinstallations I got tired and started testing other things. Till then I was blaming the new drivers and the win10 updates.

So try and go to the bios setup and change each setting individually, and test (use any benchmark tool).  The internet forums I found had similar discussions going on, and most ended with a particular recomendation.  Changing the charging mode to standard and adaptive worked for a while for my system. 

But the one that worked for me was disabling the CPU cores, my system only works with 1 core enabled, if 2, 3 or all are enabled I get instant blue screens.

Hope this helps.

2 Posts

December 8th, 2020 00:00

I have dell inspiron 13-7368, start getting "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" with different code each time. I did factory reset several time but as soon I login it just crash and give me above message. I run diagnostics but no error. Now, even as soon i login or some time before login it is crashing with "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart"
Any help please.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

December 8th, 2020 12:00

Have you booted F12 and run all the Diagnostic tools to ensure you're not having a hardware issue?

If not do so.

If you have then you could try to restore back to a point before this happen. You need to boot windows Install media then troubleshoot/select a restore point and install one from before the issue started.

No Events found!