Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 13th, 2020 15:00

Inspiron G3 17-3779, adapter/charger sometimes not working

I am not to sure wear to put it, but it is a gaming laptop so I think it would be here. The charging sometimes doesn't work and it would say something along the line of system setting does not recognize the ac adapter. Is it covered under warranty and the led lights on the charger is on.

6 Posts

February 16th, 2020 21:00

I do not work for Dell or have much knowledge so you should wait for a reply from a Dell agent or contact support to ask if your warranty covers the charging adapter.

How old is your laptop charger, 2 years? It could be a degraded or faulty charger and not the laptop itself.

I had this issue before with a charger that was almost 4-5 years old. The charger itself needing to be replaced. It did still work as a charger but slowly it started not charging and would say "Plugged in, not charging" and then one day it simply stopped working altogether, despite the light being on. The little light on the cord itself is just showing that power is flowing in the system.

My problem was solved by purchasing a new charger that had the right connection and watts needed for my laptop. You can usually find them on the Dell site or on Amazon, just make sure that you get a high quality one if you choose to go on another retailer's site. It's very important you buy the same charger so your laptop does not get too much or too little power.

You can also try running diagnostics on the battery/charger health through BIOS or Windows Recovery Environment.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

February 17th, 2020 00:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @Ryugunou2 

Because this is an intermittent issue, you will need to contact Dell Support so that they can verify the purchased warranty and troubleshoot with you to verify that the AC adapter is faulty.

Best regards,

U2

No Events found!