hrs19
1 Nickel

BIOS update disabled keyboard Illumination(Backlight)

IMG_20181115_120341.jpgThere is no Keyboard Illumination option while my device has a illuminated keyboard. Which worked fine few weeks ago.Capture.PNGAnd this says if the option is missing the it lacks backlit support but this issue started only after the BIOS update via the support assist app.The device backlit has stopped working since a BIOS update and upon checking https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln153665/how-to-turn-off-or-on-and-troubleshoot-the-b...
I found out that in BIOS we can check whether it is enabled or not but to my surprise the backlit settings are missing from BIOS. 
And on your webpage it means that device lacks any backlit!
While I know it has backlit and I've even used it a few weeks ago, and only after BIOS update it stopped turning ON when I hit the F10 key( and I've tried locking Fn and unlocking it).

A simple question will this issue be resolved by the next BIOS update or should I just struggle with a Keyboard that supports backlight and a software that messed it up?

Provide me solution please! We pay extra for the backlit support.

It is the Dell Inspiron 5567 

Memory: 8 GB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz[Cores 2] [Logical/Core 2]

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

with this configuration with backlight keyboard.

And this is the BIOS update I received last month : Dell Inspiron 5567/5767 KBL System BIOS - 1.2.6

via the Dell Support Assist application and the issue is being encountered since then.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Re: BIOS update disabled keyboard Illumination(Backlight)

Could you please post the model number of your system?

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
hrs19
1 Nickel

It is the Dell Inspiron 5567 

Memory: 8 GB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz[Cores 2] [Logical/Core 2]

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

with this configuration with backlight keyboard.

And this is the BIOS update I received last month : Dell Inspiron 5567/5767 KBL System BIOS - 1.2.6

via the Dell Support Assist application and the issue is being encountered since then.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Art342
1 Copper

I have the same EXACT problem you have on a Dell Inspiron 13-7378 after upgrading the BIOS to 1.26.0

The F10 key works and adjusts the backlight slider in the Windows Mobility Center but the backlight never comes on.  It does not come on at startup either.  They Caps Lock light does come on.  I checked the backlight cable seating on the keyboard daughter board under the battery and it is fine.  Did you find a fix to this?  Can you post it?

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message. Did the issue start after the BIOS update?

Please try updating the Dell Quickset Application from this link https://dell.to/2Scyw9N & check the status.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Jamesonmtl
1 Copper

Same here with Inspiron 5559 since bios 1.5.2. Service Tag:  <Service tag removed>.

Does anyone have solution with this kind of problem ?

(I've tried to PM to Dell-SreejithR  

0 Kudos