Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

February 5th, 2019 22:00

BUG: WavesSvc64.exe high CPU usage with 2 accounts logged in

I've noticed that two instances of WavesSvc64.exe (Waves MaxxAudio Service Application) have very high CPU (over 50% CPU usage in total) usage when two Windows 10 accounts are logged in at the same time on the same laptop (Inspiron 5575) when audio is playing.  Audio coming from YouTube, iTunes, etc.  Note that only one account is actually playing audio.  The other is functionally doing nothing.

This CPU usage issue does not happen when only one account is logged in on the same laptop.  In this case, there is only one instance of "Waves MaxxAudio Service Application" and task manager shows it to be is using less than 1% of CPU usage when playing the exact same audio.

All drivers are up to date. This to me seems like an obvious bug that needs to be fixed asap.

1 Message

February 7th, 2020 13:00

Happens on my system, too. POS

4 Posts

April 6th, 2020 01:00

It is the same for me.
I discovered this issue as soon as I created a second account (and logged into it) for my family.

I have a XPS 15 (7590), and MaxxAudioPro Waves 2.0.54.0

4 Posts

May 13th, 2020 02:00

For the record, I have sent a mail to the company that develops Waves. They have acknowledged the bug, and told me they are working on a fix. I hope Dell will care enough for putting the upgrade (whenever it is ready) available for their users.

5 Posts

June 23rd, 2020 23:00

Same for me with XPS 7590. Hope they will fix it soon. It is a pitty - third dell in a row and no one had no issues out of the box. Dell, you should care a bit more about QA and selling raw prodacts...

October 24th, 2020 02:00

The Bug is true and it is not resolved so far, the only fix that works 100% and takes no more than few seconds are described in this video with pictures at the following link! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcAPXwB4HV0

Good Luck!

May 26th, 2022 03:00

The youtube video above doesn't resolve this issue.

No Events found!