Highlighted
1 Copper

Camera is blurry

image.jpg

Can someone help me fix the issue? My camera is so blurry. I tried so many ways with hard drive   But it didn't work out. I ended up running the hardware test on webcam and the result came out showing the failure with integrated webcam.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
30 Replies
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Camera is blurry

Same issue with all our 5290 2-in-1's new drivers does nothing, webcam will not focus 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have a G5 5590 that recently went out of warranty.  I always assumed that DELL webcams were not great but then someone pointed out to me that there's something wrong with the camera--a pre-existing hardware issue.

The issue is that the picture/video is blurry and very grainy, even in bright natural light.  When you look closely, the live display is not crisp at all:

BlurryDellWebCam_0-1593958129377.png

Could DELL Support please assist me? The issue is pre-existing and it should be addressed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for reaching out to Dell Social media. Please reach out to us via Private Message to address all your concerns. 

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Tried contacting through private message , but getting only vague reply or multiple questions and no solution. Initial communication they ask for the contact details ,service tag etc. then that person disappears... A new guy came and start asking again same questions . Now no news from him also    !!!!WIN_20200704_10_31_28_Pro.jpgthis is not due to the light even in day light the camera showing grains and grains is more on the bottom side of the picture comparing to the top site 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I have exactly the same issue with the 7391 - only 2 months old. the quality was good but started to get blurry from the bottom - now very similar to your photo. i hope Dell will help to resolve the issue as i have a lot of students internationally as well as here at Princeton that now depend on the webcam and Zoom.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

This issue just happened to me. I have a Dell Latitude 5290 2-in-1. My webcam was working fine, and then suddenly it went blurry. It is blurry no matter which apps i'm using. I've tried updating all my drivers, including the camera drivers. I've restarted my computer multiple times. I've also cleaned the front of the lens. Nothing works :(. This is really impacting my ability to work so I would appreciate some help, thank you!                         

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Patrick! Do you still have an active warranty on your system?

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Was there a solution to the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Zinc

Was there any liquid spillage or moisture formed on the webcam area or the bezel?

Please clean the bezel and on the webcam with a soft cloth. Ensure there is no dust or smudges on it. 

Check the webcam with skype app and the camera app within Win8.1

If the system is under warranty, then contact us via Twitter - @dellcares for faster communication. If there is no warranty, then we can help with a paid service call if required.

0 Kudos