Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

November 17th, 2018 21:00

Can I use 65W or 90W instead of 45W charger for Inspiron3567

Actually I have lost my 45W charger for my Inspiron 3567, but my friend has both 65W and 90W (Dell Original) charger. So, I was worry if it will affect my laptop gradually and if the battery will get damaged gradually. So, please help me out as immediate as possible because I cannot use my laptop until I get to know which charger is safe ...

Output Voltage of both :- 19.5V

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

November 17th, 2018 22:00

Yes, you can always use higher wattage Dell chargers with Dell systems.  If the system can accept the higher wattage, then you will find that the battery charges faster -- and some systems will accept higher wattage than is provided by the AC adapters they actually shipped with.  If the system CAN'T handle the higher wattage, then it will only draw the amount that it can handle.  I have a 130W charger in my living room that I use with various Dell laptops that are designed for 45-130W and everything has been working fine with all of those systems for several years. The system controls how much power it draws.  A higher wattage AC adapter cannot "force" more power into the system than it can handle.  You will be fine.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

November 18th, 2018 05:00

Thanks for your support jphughan.

No Events found!