Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 25th, 2019 05:00

Can i upgrade processor and graphic card in n5110 inspiron?

I have n5110 and I want to upgrade its second generation core i3 processor. Is it possible to upgrade this model's processor with other generation's processors like 5th gen or 7th gen intel's processors(latest gen processors) or I can only upgrade to same second-gen processor with core i7. I am using BIOS Ver: 4.06.04. After searching I found that a graphic card is builtin which I can't upgrade so can I use any external graphic card with this model like the latest one now a days Rtx etc. 

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

Welcome to the Dell Community  @theking200794 

The external GPU I cannot give any advice but with the CPU upgrade I can!!!

Sorry but you are limited to 2nd Gen CPU's.

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Core_i5_Mobile/i5-2410M_(PGA).html

Looking at your list the Core i7-2720QM would be a good choice.

Since the TDP is higher you may want to also upgrade your AC adapter to the next higher wattage.

Running on battery could be shorter because of the higher TDP??

Best regards,

U2

NOTE: There are other CPU's that may work but have a lower % of success.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

The graphics are integrated on the motherboard so you would have to change the entire motherboard. As far as the CPU is concerned, it can be changed but only with the CPU mentioned in this forum post. But absolutely not a 5th or 7th generation CPU. A second generation i7 looks like it would work. But how much effort do you want to go through for a system pushing 9 years old.

2 Posts

August 14th, 2022 23:00

All I know is that you can upgrade the processor to the maximum, which is the third generation, and it will be as capable as your device is 35w

No Events found!