Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

5 Posts

June 18th, 2019 14:00

Cloud Restore Failure

My Inspiron P87G will not restore from the cloud despite me entering my service tag number and downloading the required content. 

I keep getting "unable to locate all system content to download" when running from USB 

Is there a fix for this since my laptop had a new M.2 fitted and this is how I was told to get things going again by Dell direct. 

2 Posts

June 20th, 2019 16:00

I am facing the same problem (but with an Inspiron 5568).

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

June 21st, 2019 04:00

Cloud restore enables you to restore your operating system and drivers. Please make sure you followed the procedure in a right way

Steps to perform a clean cloud restore

Connect the SupportAssist OS Recovery USB key to the computer where you want to restore the operating system.

Turn on or restart your computer.

When the Dell logo is displayed, press F12 to enter System Setup.

The System Setup screen is displayed.

Use the arrow keys to go to the Boot menu.

Select the USB drive on which you created the SupportAssist OS Recovery USB key. The computer boots to the USB drive and the SupportAssist OS Recovery home page is displayed.

Click Restore System. System restore options are displayed.

Click Cloud Restore. The Cloud Restore page is displayed.

Click Restore Now, and then click Next. The option to back up your files is displayed. You can click Backup and follow the instructions in back up files to back up the required files.

Click Skip to proceed with cloud hosting restore if you have already created a backup of your files or you do not want to back up your files.

Read the warning message that is displayed on the screen.

Optionally, from the Select Reason list, select a reason for restoring your system image.

Select the check box to acknowledge your agreement, and then click Next. The restore process begins and may take several minutes to complete. After the process is complete, an appropriate message is displayed.

Click Restart.

After you restart the computer post performing cloud image restore, the computer reboots to complete your software installation. SupportAssist OS Recovery installs necessary applications and drivers. It also installs the SupportAssist Recovery Assistant to help you restore data after the system restore.

After SupportAssist OS Recovery installs the necessary applications, the computer reboots and you see Cortana screen. You can then finish the normal setup procedure. After you finish the system setup, the SupportAssist Recovery Assistant is launched which helps you to install all the required system updates and restore your data

Regards,

Akshay

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

June 21st, 2019 08:00

Hi tmortoon,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that you are having difficulty restoring your OS.  Just wanted to check to see if your issue has been resolved.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request.

5 Posts

June 21st, 2019 14:00

Hi, I Have the same problem, can you resolve that ?

5 Posts

June 21st, 2019 21:00

yes, in the OS Recovery Tool , in the right top , use advance , select download SO in other pc , write the ST, and download all ISO, the process to instal in the pc es slow

1 Message

August 18th, 2019 07:00

Same Problem with my laptop. It gets to the screen where it says that the downloading has begun, and then it wont download anything and I get the message "unable to locate all system content to download".  Then it says to check the network connections, but my network and internet is working fine.  

I am not seeing any type of option to do a hard copy restore, i.e. there are no "advanced options" in the top right of the screen.

1 Message

September 8th, 2019 22:00

Mine was slightly different. I'm fairly competent with Windows and Linux OS computers, including the hardware.

My uncle passed away. I inherited his Inspiron 15-3567. I tried all of his passwords but none unlocked the machine. Since there was nothing on it that I could think that I'd want (especially anything he might have downloaded), I passed on the idea of using Linux to remove the admin password and instead went into the boot mode. It connected to the cloud, I skipped on the backup. Downloaded, unpacked, and it walked through the restore. It then boots and comes to an ePCI screen. Tells me no bootable devices found. I checked the BIOS for boot sequence. Nothing. I checked to be sure it was not seeking a disk or USB device. Nothing. There is no boot sequence listed. It's empty, then below it LEGACY is greyed out and UEFI is selected. Tried it with both secure and non-secure only settings. Tried to restore BIOS settings. Nothing works. Under the BIOS, it does show 2 SATA channels, each with 2 SATA ports, all show NONE for devices. I tried all the common fixes.

I disassembled the computer. No loose cables. I removed the HDD and attached it to a USB adapter. It reads on a Win 8.1 machine. I attached another bootable drive to the Dell. It boots. This narrows it to a bad eeprom for the BIOS (doubtful since all the other functions work) or a driver did not download/unpack/install.

My machine is out of warranty. Can anyone give me any assistance or should I just mount Windows on the drive and check it from there?

1 Message

September 25th, 2019 08:00

Hello there Robert;

We Am IT manager on a ship company and have 20 pc 7040 and 5 laptop lattitude, is there anychance to extend warranty in bulk?  the expiration date was on Aug 06 2019.

thanks;

Jimmy

No Events found!