Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JE

May 7th, 2018 12:00

DELL Inspiron 15 3000 Series Stopped

Hi,

I was using my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series a couple of days ago, it was working fine. Then I came back to it after a couple of minutes and it stopped working. Tried switching it on, nothing doing. I tried charging it, this didn't work (not a problem with the adapter as my mother's laptop would work fine with this same adapter). I took out the battery, still no light. There were indications that this laptop would stop working, as it ran out of charge much quicker than the other one. It also became a tad slower than was the case a few months ago.

So I was wondering if this is more likely a problem with the motherboard? This probably means my laptop's file and programmes will be wiped off?

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

May 7th, 2018 14:00

@J-eymarwrote:

Hi,

I was using my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series a couple of days ago, it was working fine. Then I came back to it after a couple of minutes and it stopped working. Tried switching it on, nothing doing. I tried charging it, this didn't work (not a problem with the adapter as my mother's laptop would work fine with this same adapter). I took out the battery, still no light. There were indications that this laptop would stop working, as it ran out of charge much quicker than the other one. It also became a tad slower than was the case a few months ago.

So I was wondering if this is more likely a problem with the motherboard? This probably means my laptop's file and programmes will be wiped off?

Thanks

If the problem is with the motherboard, your data is still retrievable from the hard drive.

Even if your hard drive won't be, you probably can still retrieve your files using a USB-SATA adapter.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

May 8th, 2018 03:00

Thank you for your message.

This does seem to be an issue with the motherboard. Have you tried to power the system just with the AC adapter to check if the system turns on?

As ieee488 confirmed you will not lose any data from the hard drive. If you need assistance with the parts our team will be able to assist you as per the warranty.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

4 Posts

May 8th, 2018 04:00

Hi Sreejith, 

Yes, I did try charging with only the AC adapter and the Battery out. My computer still didn't work

Should also add that it was a hot day, so potential overheating issues are possible. If you can direct me to a link for the part that is needed, that would be very helpful.

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

May 8th, 2018 04:00

For that we'll need the full model number -- 3335, 3521, etc. along with the CPU you have.

4 Posts

May 30th, 2018 02:00

Hi,

Would that be on a black sticker? There are several numbers, can't tell which one is which.

Thanks

1 Message

April 29th, 2020 03:00

Hi. im having a similar problem. My pc (same model) stopped working today.

No Events found!