Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 4th, 2019 05:00

Inspiron G7 7790, RAM upgrade and warranty

Hello,

i've just bought an DELL Inspiron G7 7790 but i only bought 8Go RAM (2x4Go DDR4 2666Mhz).

It's a bit short for a game like Star citizen (and this is on me), so i would like to upgrade my RAM to 16 or 32 Go.

Is there any way to do it without lost waranty on my computer ? (i've bought it 2 month ago)

Maybe if i buy Memory upgrade from Dell shop and made them install by an approuved retailer ?

Thanks a lot for your answer. (sorry for my english, french version bellow)

best regard,

bigAbenoit

Bonjour,

Je viens d'acheter un DELL Inspiron G7 7790 mais je n'ai acheté que 8go de RAM (2x4Go DDR4, 2666Mhz).

C'est un peu court pour des jeux tel que Star citizen (et c'est ma faute), donc j'aimerais augmenter ma RAM vers 16 ou 32 Go.

Est-il possible de le faire sans perdre la garantie de mon ordinateur (je l'ai acheté il y a 2 mois).

Peut-etre que si j’achetais la mise à jour mémoire sur le magasin Dell et que je l'a faisait installer par un installateur agréé ?

Merci pour vos réponse.

cordialement,

bigAbenoit.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

December 4th, 2019 05:00

If you install memory in your system it will not void the warranty. The memory itself will not be covered by warranty unless you buy it from Dell. Memory purchased from Dell is covered by warranty. The only way you would void the warranty on the system is if you damage components when you install the memory. If you are careful and follow the service manual directions here you will be fine. But if you do not feel comfortable opening the system to install RAM then yes buy it from Dell and have a reputable PC shop install it. That way the warranty on all the components including the RAM is intact.

No Events found!