Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

June 17th, 2019 13:00

Dead Dell 7577

Hi All, So i was wondering if anyone else came across the issue i currently have. So i have had my laptop now 13months so basically a month over the warranty date, and of course my laptop is now dead.

I dont use my laptop that often maybe an hour or three a week, to game for a little and then it sits on the shelf so yesterday i thought to myself i will game Monday night so turned it on Sunday, ran all the updates Steam, Epic, and i noticed Dell update manager telling me i have a Bios update to install so i allowed it and it all went through.

PC rebooted watched the process all perfect laptop turned back on left it for an hour then I packed it away, and this evening turned it on, plugged in charger and loaded a Game within 5minutes without warning my laptop turned off, and i noticed my power supply LED light was off, me thinking of i must not have full battery?

So i went to mains seen it was powered so changed plug and took socket out of laptop the green LED light came back on. As soon as i plugged it into my laptop the Green LED light went off.. There is totally no movement on the fans when button pressed, no screen flicker, no backlight, no SOUND what so ever. (DEAD) After a little reading, i have read reset RAM, (Done), unplug battery (DONE), remove Cmos Battery (Done), left unplugged and pressed power button to clear anything. All done and laptop is still dead as a DoDO.

Im going to phone Dell tomorrow, but wondering if anyone else had the same issue i live in the UK and this is my first Dell Product wont lie a little gutted something thats not getting used much within 13months can just give up like this. I got a macbook air thats on everyday without fail, for hours on end 3 years old still going strong.

Dell if you are listening? can i purchase more warranty (1 year 2 Year 3 Year)? to get this repaired as good faith, to reinstall your good Dell name.

No Responses!
No Events found!