Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 19th, 2020 06:00

Dell Inspirion 3593 i3 10th Generation is very slow..

Dell Inspirion 3593 i3 10th Generation is very slow..

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

August 19th, 2020 07:00

If this is the version that comes with 4G RAM and a spinning hard drive (vs. an SSD), it will not be a high performer.  Running Windows 10 in 4 G and using a spinning drive requires patience.

2 Posts

September 19th, 2020 11:00

Hi there, In that case, shall I upgrade from existing 4 GB to 16 GB RAM. Or share I install another 16 GB next to the 4 GB slot in the laptop. Please advise. 

3 Apprentice

• 

559 Posts

September 19th, 2020 11:00

Depending on what you use the computer for, I would recommend upgrading the memory to at least 8 GB. Upgrade the memory modules in pairs (same brand, model, size & speed) to avoid any possible performance or stabilization issues. 16 GB is the max for this system, so if you want to max out the memory, buy a pair of two 8 GB modules and replace the existing 4 GB one that was shipped with the system. Dell Inspiron 3593 Memory Specifications.

If your computer has a hard disk drive, I would also recommend upgrading it to a SSD drive to help improve performance. Your model can support a M.2 NVMe SSD up to 1 TB, which will drastically decrease loading times and improve multitasking. Dell Inspiron 3593 Storage Specifications.

293 Posts

September 20th, 2020 11:00

My wife's 2014 yr, Dell 3542, i3, 4th Gen, 4GB Ram, 500 GB HD, is running pretty fast.   Her's does  NOT have an AC card either, for our faster internet connection/speed. 

I might suggest clearing all your cache, history, search....etc.  Then perform, "Disk Cleanup, with its 3 parts.  Then restart computer and come back and do it again.  Next is to perform, "Defragment and Optimize Drive."

This is my suggestion.........What does "SLOW," mean to you? My wife's Dell moves along pretty well.  It was originally mine and also current w Win 10, ver 2004.  Her pages load pretty quick by my standards and I would use daily.  

Good luck for what you mean slow...

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

November 4th, 2020 09:00

The likely cause:  insufficient RAM, and if the system has a spinning hard drive, that compounds the issue.
Windows 10 needs 8G and an SSD to perform respectably.  The only reason these come with 4G/HDD is so they can be offered at a rock-bottom price.

1 Message

November 4th, 2020 09:00

Slow means the following to me
1. Load time for an excel file or word file to about 10-15 seconds
2. If you open 3-four file together like powerpoint, excel and one word file there is hanging
3. Clicking start button takes a lag of approx 3-5 seconds to respond.
Apart from slowness I have noticed the following problems also
1. Dongle of wif i mouse has to be reinserted after every restart.
2. Headphones are not detected, even after updating to latest bios, windows, dell update and realtek audio drivers.
My version is Dell Inspirno 3593/i3/10th gen/4GB ram.
I was experiencing these problems from day 1 when the seller told me to allow all updates to take place, I did all, now he has also given up and asked me to contact dell directly.
Need help and suggestions

293 Posts

November 4th, 2020 10:00

@AK_1 , Have you cleared all your cache?  Have you performed "Disk Cleanup" and "Defragment"  the hard dirve?  Did you run "Malwarebytes" FREE version, for example.  Have conflicting Anti Virus software?  If win 10, and keep up with MS security updates, that is all you need for protection.   Might have to re-install Windows as might not have loaded correctly the first time, if interrupted along the way. 

As mention previously, I have an old old DELL Inspiron, with 4GB ram, 500GB HD.  It takes a little time to load in the morning and after that, it loads other software pretty quick.  No more than 5 seconds and internet avg speed of 75Mbps, page load quickly.  

These are some of my suggestions to get things in order, if not all ready done.

1 Message

March 19th, 2021 09:00

Hi.

I am having the same problems.

Have you solved it?

16 Posts

June 26th, 2021 20:00

You need to upgrade RAM and SSD

October 19th, 2021 03:00

Worst laptop I have ever seen.. Never recommend DELL to any one ..

If it does not support windows 10 then why they manufacturing it. just to make fool to customers..

I purchased 1 yr back but never satisfied with performance . quite slow . if you want to open chrome i t will take 5 min for every tab..

July 2nd, 2022 17:00

I had the same trouble, and then update Nvme SSD . Now laptop is very fast

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 5th, 2024 01:29

no thats wrong.if you connect a ssd to laptop its so faster.its going 12seconds to startup..

No Events found!