Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 13th, 2018 16:00

Dell Inspiron 13 2-in-1 7368 touch screen stopped working

Hi Dell Community,

Back in July 2016 I purchased a Dell Inspiron 13 2-in-1, Model # 7368. The touchscreen has worked great, and I can flip in and out of tablet mode easily, and it'll maintain the shape.

Problem is, the touchscreen stopped working about a week ago. I've spent a week on Dell's website trying various things, to no avail. I tried:

• Updating drivers from Dell Website

• Using Dell Health Checker to diagnose issue

• Updating drivers from device manager

• Toggle tablet mode on and off

• Factory reset my computer

I loved using the Inspiron in tablet mode, because it allowed me to easily read comics in portrait mode, and the touchscreen allowed me to navigate forward and backward. But now my 2-in-1 has become a 1-in-1. My coworker suggested opening it up to check the wires. I'm not opposed to this with some thorough instructions. I could also pay ~$100 for an extended warranty. What should I do?

Graciously,

Kevin

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 13th, 2018 18:00

:BigSmile:

Do you see HD - Touch Screen listed under Human Interface Devices in device manager?

Also, you manually downloaded / installed the Panel Firmware Update from your Dell Product Support page? 

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=J5PR2

2 Posts

January 15th, 2018 05:00

Thanks for the reply --

I do see the Touchscreen device in Device Manager.

I downloaded the driver you referenced and that did the trick! I've restarted it twice now and still working, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 15th, 2018 06:00

Glad to know the touch screen is working now. Thanks for the update.

1 Message

January 17th, 2018 08:00

application keeps asking for a password.  What is it?  I have the same touchscreen not working issue.  Thank you

2 Posts

March 3rd, 2018 07:00

Of the drivers and downloads that I installed, 5 total, one failed to install with several attemps:

Network| Intel 8260/7265/7260/3165/3160 WiFi Driver

No idea if this is related to my problem.

Ron

2 Posts

I recently encountered the same problem with my Inspiron 15 7548. I really did not do anything to make changes; the touch screen simply stopped working. I have now updated the BIOS and used the drivers and downloads update link to download and installed all updates. No luck...still no touch screen.

I do have one additional (perhaps related) problem. My computer will not recognize ANY mouse that I attach. Before this problem I was using the Logitech MXMaster without a hitch...great mouse. This mouse is Bluetooth but I have also tried various wireless...

What options do I have. My laptop is 35 days past warrenty.

Ron

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Try manually downloading / installing the Network driver from your Dell Product Support page.

Support for Inspiron 13 7368 2-in-1 | Drivers & downloads ... 

Please reset windows updates by following the commands in the link below. Keep in mind, the touch screen is nothing more than a USB device. Also, the touch screen driver is in the windows updates.

USB devices may stop working after installing the February 13, 2018 update (KB4074588)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091240/usb-devices-may-stop-working-after-installing-the-f.

3 Posts

September 13th, 2018 09:00

Hey I i have the same issue with a 5379 Dell 2-1 notebook. Touch is not working from the time that it was set up. We tried updating the bios but still the touch is not working. Any ideas?

1 Message

September 16th, 2018 09:00

Thanks so much. I was having the same issue for the entire time I have had this computer. I bought the computer refurbished so I just figured the touch screen would never work. Today I decided to see if I could troubleshoot it and stumbled upon this solution. I had always updated the drivers that the system told me to. I didn't realize that I had to actually go in and install the driver manually. Installed the driver and my touch screen worked for the first time. Thanks again!

11 Posts

November 27th, 2019 09:00

Hi all, i have been dealing with this issue since 4 years. I was planning to replace the screen but what happened is shoking. I created a new temporarly user, called user2. Set everything up, and once the new user desktop appeared THE TOUCHSCREEN STARTED WORKING AGAIN!!!!!, i deleted the user, and used back the admin one always used, and keep on working. Also the tablet mode.

This is VERY VERY Weird!!!

11 Posts

November 28th, 2019 18:00

Bad Luck, stopped working again. i dont know what else to do

1 Message

November 27th, 2023 20:27

@LSUFAN51​ 
Thanks dude I tried almost every thing in my dell

Inspiron 13 5378 2-in-1

by installing windows 11 updates , snappy driver tools and was doing it for more than a week , even it was not working in my BIOS system so I thought its end but the link you provided:

Panel_Firmware_update _ 2.1.2.13.13.2.4_ZPE.exe ,

worked for me saved my time and penny I would be glad to share you my meal if you would be pakistani karachities Thanks May God Bless you

No Events found!