Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

6 Posts

June 17th, 2020 22:00

Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Overheating

Hello there.

My laptop has an overheating issue. When I turn my laptop on with no applications opened, the processor temperature idles at around 50 degrees and a simple web browsing would make the temperature go up to 60 degrees. This issue was a lot worse before and would idle at around 70-80 degree so I turned off the Intel Turbo Boost feature and has improved by a little, but it has a noticeable effect on its performance. I've asked different forums about my laptop idling at 50-60 and all of them told me that it wasn't normal at all. Some suggested me to get my thermal paste changed. By changing the laptop's thermal paste, would I get a significant effect or are there any other things that can be done to prevent this overheating issue without turning off Intel Turbo Boost?

247 Posts

June 18th, 2020 04:00

Seeing  more issues with temperature these days. Intel officially states that anything stable under 80c is considered normal. The max temp on most CPU's is 100c so I think in general PC makers are keeping with their cooling solutions being quieter and allowing for a bit more heat as well as the added core counts create more heat. None of the temperatures you are reporting are abnormal by specification standards? In general thin notebooks are facing higher temps than previous models for many reasons I gave above, such as more cores, faster speeds, higher turbo modes and more conservative fan speeds to avoid noise complaints from customers. Modern CPU's today have built in safeguards to prevent damage, and unless your PC is shutting down because of heat related issues. I would use it as it was designed to be used. My 5593 runs pretty hot at times, but does not throttle or give any signs of issues even with turbo mode enabled. Personally, I would not give up performance because of a concern for temperatures that the CPU maker says are normal. 

6 Posts

June 30th, 2020 18:00

Hello, my TurboBoost had been turned off and when turned on, the temperature would idle at 75 degrees, and opening any apps would bring the temperatures up to 80-90. I'm sure that is not normal and the fan noise is bothering me. I have a similar ultrabook of a different brand and that never happens when I do the same tasks on it. It will typically idle at 40 and temperatures have never exceeded 80 or 90, even when I have hundreds of apps opened, and TurboBoost is turned on on that laptop.

19 Posts

August 7th, 2020 15:00

try this .....
I have an intel core i7 which runs at a faster 1.5 ghz base speed. i got a intel core i5 for my wife , which is a 1.2 ghz base speed, and quiet most of the time. The fan noise was driving me crazy. I wanted to post that this dell 5593 and most dells are great laptops. dell is so great that they offer a utility to tweak the fan settings, and i chose the quiet option and the fan is so much quieter that i do not hear it as often any more. i was so close to giving up and living with the noisy fan. the fan is new and not broken, but i just prefer silence. ty so much to the poster that solved my annoying problem with the post of :
Search for "Dell Power Management" in Start
Open and go to the "Thermal Management"
Select the Option "Quiet"
The laptop will become Quiet instantly.
The default setting is set to optimize the laptop.
If you don't have Dell Power Management I think you have to install it

No Events found!