Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

June 5th, 2018 16:00

Dell Inspiron 5570 8th generation is very slow

I recently purchased Dell Inspiron 5570 8th generation i5, but it is very slow why? how to check it why its working very slow. its running original window 10 education version. kindly guide me.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 4th, 2019 04:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

Is the system slow from the time you start the computer or is it slow after you get to the desktop & then use an application?

Is the system slow irrespective of the AC adapter being connected or not?

Have you observed any heating issue?

Run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link & check if there is an error.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

23 Posts

March 4th, 2019 10:00

Looking at the replies in the thread makes me wonder if at least in some cases there's a hardware component at fault...

I have no problem with mine, it is a rather low end 5570 that came with just a 5400 RPM mechanical drive and no Optane caching, but even when running in the default state I found it worked as expected.

Since I'm rather used to the speed SSDs carry I replaced the mechanical drive for a SATA SSD (not even NVMe), reinstalling the OS in the process and I'm now running a Windows 10 1809 in there. No problem whatsoever.

If a hardware problem shows up in the built in hardware diagnostics, contact Dell directly, something may need replacement; but if there's nothing and if yours came with an Optane module, I wouldn't recommend removing it, it really speeds things up for mechanical drives.

Maybe uninstalling stuff that came with the PC and you're not using or reinstalling Windows altogether (it should take care of the drivers via Windows Update, but download the one for the storage controller manually here, if you have an Intel machine).

Just realize that mechanical drives are orders of magnitude slower than hybrid scenarios or SSDs, see this video for example (there are several) showing some comparison between a 7200 RPM HDD, the HDD + Optane, a SATA SSD and an NVMe SSD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BS_6xOf0mw

3 Posts

July 16th, 2019 21:00

agree (victim to a victim)

1 Message

October 13th, 2019 20:00

Hi since day 1 that i bought this laptop. It is too slow that there are time that i cant use it anymore.. What can i do? Whats wrong with this laptop? 

1 Message

November 21st, 2019 03:00

Same problem. 

I think it is also my last product from dell. 

It brother. 

Inspiron 5570

1 Message

December 7th, 2019 10:00

I ran the test , no issues, I bought this laptop over 1 year and almost never use it since it is super slow. Now I need to fix it so I can use it sometimes..

1 Message

December 10th, 2019 13:00

you are not alone, i purchased this laptop last month and im having problem with it, the performance is like a pentium 4!!!! this is ridiculous i wonder if theres a way that i could return this or throw this away to the dell official store on the face of their agents, i really dont like this, im expecting a good performance since this is a good brand but its a poor, im so frustrated to this, ive expand all my skills fixing this, i format the computer using its recovery drive, everything is original yet the performance are THE SAME, listen folks, never buy this laptop from dell, this 5570 8th gen core i5 is like a pentium 3 or 4 believe me.. just a few tabs atleast 2-4 tabs on browser, its like the whole memory is above 100% on usage, if i didnt get a response from Dell, ill post this on social media..

January 10th, 2020 12:00

You need to optimize your drive, I hope it works for you and if your HDD is messed up it's gonna take an hour or two, for the tutorial search win 10 HDD optimization procedure and yes watch the following video from 0:50 and in edit your balance plan when you see a Dropbox for HDD power management turn it off

https://youtu.be/S4pqgg72ZRc

1 Message

April 11th, 2020 20:00

SAME HERE!! 

April 12th, 2020 08:00

I resolved by using (Hikvision 120GB M.2 SSD) the problem relies in slow, cheap HDD. Install your OS on SSD and you will not face this issue ever. Dell should roll out their laptops with SSDs. BTW now I use both HDD and SSD with any issue

April 12th, 2020 08:00

Bruh, I have resolved the issue by installing SSD and using it as my OS drive. I'm using Hikvision E100 120GB M.2(it's affordable), the core problem relies in slow, cheap HDD. I assure you that it will resolve your issue like it did mine. Sorry for the late reply. Cheers!

3 Posts

April 20th, 2020 19:00

This laptop has a very bad Mechanical Hard drive. The only way to resolve this chaotic slowliness is to put an M.2. NVMe ssd. Its resove everything. Trust me  

7 Posts

April 22nd, 2020 18:00

To speed up the sluggish Windows 10 Dell laptop, you can try the simple tricks here. Hope that you can regain the smooth and fast using experience with them.

1. Tune the system performance with SupportAssist that is the troubleshooting tool provided by Dell. You can search it in the start menu and run it. Then click the down-arrow button in the interface and several tools will be shown for you, just hit Run Now under Tune performance function to optimize the system.

2. Release disk space, especially for the system disk. Low disk space can slow down the pc greatly. You can free up the disk space by uninstalling unnecessary applications in Control Panel, moving the large files like films to another disk, removing the junk files as well as invalid registry files via iSunshare System Genius.

3. Scan the system for malware. Windows Defender is the built-in security program of Windows, which can protect your Dell laptop in real-time. So, it's suggested to turn on this tool and use it to fully scan your system regularly.

4. Try not to run too many programs at one time. As the running programs will take up the computer resource, which makes the PC low in resource and then influences the running speed of PC.

5. Restore your Dell laptop with Windows Restore function. This trick is recommended to be used if your Dell laptop crawls recently. If you have created the system restore point before, you can restore your system to the previous state. Before applying this way, you need to back up your important files and remember needed applications to prevent data loss caused by something wrong. 

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/fixed-dell-laptop-running-slow-in-windows-10-issue.html

July 27th, 2020 07:00

I solved slowness problem. Please choose maximum performance from battery settings.

1 Message

August 26th, 2020 01:00

Hi,

Actually I had the same issue but after consulting an IT friend, he advised me to add and SSD hard drive to boost the PC. I did that and my computer now is extremely fast as a flash. 

Bottom line, add an SSD drive to your HDD drive.

Regards,

No Events found!