Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 2nd, 2018 22:00

Dell Inspiron 5570 Temperature

I recently bought a dell inspiron 5570 and have noticed it getting unusual high temperatures ranging from 40 degrees Celsius all the way to 90 degrees Celsius , and am getting concerned, I'm mainly wondering what the temperature should be and if mine is high, and if so what I could do to lower it?

1 Message

March 3rd, 2018 09:00

same dis side...Did you got any suggestion or help or how u resolved it?

March 14th, 2018 19:00

I'm noticing the same this.  Seems like it was fine until I upgraded the BIOS to 1.1.3 a few weeks ago.  Either of you notice the same thing?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 15th, 2018 05:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

How long have you been having this issue? Has there been any recent software or hardware changes?

What is the version of BIOS installed? Are you checking the temperature in BIOS?

Does the system heat up & shutdown?

Run a hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error listed.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

1 Message

April 3rd, 2018 20:00

I'm having the same problem with my new 5570.

It regularly hits 93 deg when checking emails or facebook and the Glary utilities overheat warning pops up on screen. It slows down dramatically when this happens.

It updated the bios automatically to rev 1.13 immediately after initial setup out of the box.

I have run Dell diagnostics and it finds no problem.

Not good for a $1599 laptop!

10 Posts

July 23rd, 2018 08:00

We need to push them to fix the problem, because it really overheats, and for the price we deserve better.

247 Posts

August 3rd, 2018 08:00

I wonder, any of this happening when using Chrome browser? I have noticed even with my core i5 low powered CPU that sometimes running Chrome with certain web sites spikes CPU demand big time. Haven't really looked at it closely, but my fan ramps up like immediately when I get on a web site that spikes. Not happening with other browsers so I am assuming its a Chrome issue, or something with latest Windows 10 updates? 

1 Message

August 3rd, 2018 08:00

disable turbo boost feature in system bios this solved the problem for me now temp  45 c & 85 c on stress.

October 31st, 2021 12:00

BIOS you have to downgrade to 1.1.8 (notice it's 2021 now), or else your Radeon video card won't work - as in "won't even be detected in the system".

Turning off the turbo-boost is the only way to not put this machine on fire. Possibly the worst laptop ever assembled by Dell.

Managing max power also helps, put mine on 90% when plugged-in

1 Message

April 20th, 2022 15:00

It worked perfectly for me your method! Thank you!

July 6th, 2023 07:00

This is not overheating, please refer to the manual for your device as it will define the core operating temp for your laptop... Your 5570 will shut down if it overheats. In this event please run the Hardware diagnostics, and make sure that you are using the most up-to-date Dell driver set & BIOS for this device. 

July 6th, 2023 07:00

Which device are you comparing this to? Your 5570 WILL shut down if it overheats, just because it feels hot, does not mean it's overheating! You have purchased a mobile workstation and not a tablet...

1 Message

October 26th, 2023 22:33

@Chris Fairbrass​ Read on thermal throttling mate

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

February 7th, 2024 03:56

My friends, unfortunately Dell and its technical team have left us behind. my dell 5570 burned...

No Events found!