Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

2 Posts

July 4th, 2020 05:00

Dell Inspiron 7391 2in1 Webcam

Hello,

The integrated webcam on my Dell worked ok for a month, after which the picture quality became really blurry. I have uninstalled the camera app, and also tried online diagnostics, but nothing has helped.

Would anyone have advice on how I can make it work again?

Thank you.

• 

25.7K Posts

July 4th, 2020 05:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

3 Posts

August 1st, 2020 09:00

Is your webcam working fine now as I'm also facing the same issue?

2 Posts

August 1st, 2020 11:00

It didn’t - tried everything including re-installation.

Dell finally replaced the LCD screen unit (apparently replacing just the integrated webcam was not a feasible option in my case) after which it appears to be working fine.

3 Posts

August 7th, 2020 09:00

Yeah exactly since the webcam is integrated, Dell is going to replace the LCD in my case too. So after replacing LCD, touch is still smooth or you're facing any issue after replacement regarding screen??

1 Message

August 25th, 2020 20:00

I have the same problem. Camera quality is blurry and unusable. After waiting for 30 min to talk to a Dell representative, I gave up. This is unexpected and unwelcome for a 2 months old laptop, worth 850$. Choose Apple Macbook.

Frustrated.

DarrenW

3 Posts

September 30th, 2020 18:00

Same thing happened to mine, bought my Dell in April 2020. They changed out the integrated LCD back in June 2020, and now this has just happened to mine for the second time and I need to contact Dell. 

2 Posts

October 7th, 2020 14:00

If you look closely, you can see something inside the screen blocking the camera

3 Posts

October 7th, 2020 15:00

Correct, it looks to be some ring or spacer in the lens assembly that has comes apart and partially blocks the lens. It's a clear manufacturing default and Dell advised they have not come up with a fix yet. So like in my experience, it could continue to happen again with each new replacement. I asked Dell if the replacement parts will have warranty beyond that of the actually laptop, which they said no. So instead of pursuing a repair again I have gone with a refund. Very frustrated with all of this and now I'm not sure if I'm going to buy another Dell or look elsewhere.

1 Message

December 12th, 2020 07:00

I have the same issue. Camera has shadow in the corner.  

2 Posts

July 13th, 2021 14:00

Facing the same issue! Looks like a spacer or ring component has shifted out and is partially blocking the camera...any ideas for a fix?

1 Message

August 1st, 2021 20:00

several people are having this issue as I am too and I think I am out if warranty. I am not happy at all with this laptop as this is the second major issue I have had mine and I have NEVER had these kind of issues with any laptop I have ever owned. I will NEVER buy another DELL.

2 Posts

August 9th, 2021 04:00

same issue

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2022 15:00

I just experience this issue with my lap top 

Dell Inc. Inspiron 7391 2n1  what can I do?

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2022 17:00

Seems like Dell does not care.

1 Message

February 26th, 2022 03:00

Anyone was able to solve this problem ? having the same issue since my purchase and I'm out of warranty

No Events found!