Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 31st, 2022 14:00

Dell Not Doing What They Say They Are Going to Do

Why is it so difficult for Dell to do what they say they are going to do? I sent my laptop in for repair over a week or so ago. And since that first day I have been trying to get them to update the return address, as it is different than the address I mailed the laptop from. I have got multiple saved chat transcripts from where each agent has told me it is taking care of and not to worry. Yet today, I'm notified that the laptop is repaired and on its way back to me. And sure enough, I checked the tracking, and what do you know, they are STILL delivering it to the original address. It just boggles the mind!

I called UPS, and they said as long as the shipper calls in today, they should be able to get the laptop delivered to the correct address. So, I contacted Dell again via chat, since there is no way to actually contact the Depot Repair Center for some reason, and the agent reassured me the Depot Team will call me to get this resolved. This was at 2:15 pm today, and it is now 5:40pm, and I still have not heard from them. Also claimed he escalated the issue, but it sure doesn't feel like anything has changed. He also confirmed the correct return address, so I at least I know Dell has the correct address, but it still isn't reflected on the UPS tracking or the Dell website when I check. I told the agent, I will refuse to accept the delivery if it is delivered to the wrong address, since the laptop is NOT for me, but my client.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 5th, 2022 07:00

Update = After verifying ownership and completing troubleshooting, a DELL agent setup service.

• 

25.7K Posts

March 31st, 2022 14:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

31 Posts

April 1st, 2022 16:00

After 3 days of agents telling me "rest assured, we'll get this fix" and even verifying they do have the correct return address, YET the UPS guy just showed up at my door (4/1/22 @ 6:45pm) with the package, which unfortunately I had to refuse. I felt bad about telling him, but I told him Dell has had the correct return address for over 3 days, I don't know why they have not contacted the UPS to update it. I told him it's probably the same reason Dell hasn't called me like they told me they would. They keep telling you one thing, while apparently doing something completely different. I've had 3 agents tell me they are escalating the issue, yet it appears the people handling escalations are out on vacation or all these agents are just blowing smoke my way, because I've seen no change and still not one agent has reached out to me or attempted to call me.

No Events found!