Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

D

2 Posts

March 20th, 2023 19:00

Dell inspiron 15 5577 screen fades to white

I've had this laptop for a while, and I have never experienced a problem like this before on any other computer I've owned. The laptop screen fades into white depending on the angle the screen is at. I recently became frustrated at this and attempted to remove the screen cover in order to see if any wires were lose, and when I removed the cover, the white screen is not there, and it works like normal now. Because of this specifically, I am unsure of what the exact problem could be that is causing my screen to turn white. I am very much aware it is a hardware issue, not a software issue.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

March 21st, 2023 01:00

I appreciate your efforts to fix the issue with the LCD screen. I suggest you to clean the air vents with a can of compressed air as the heat generated due to the air vent blockage may cause this. You will need to replace the LCD kit if the issue occurs after cleaning the air vents.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

March 25th, 2023 12:00

I have finally been able to get around to cleaning the air vents, however that did not fix the problem. I also realized that the screen stops being white when there is a very slight amount of pressure being added towards the bottom of the screen. Would that still be the problem of the LCD, or could that be another problem entirely?

No Events found!