Highlighted
1 Copper

Dell power manager isn't installing additional updates on windows 10

This software is very useful but I have a problem installing it on my Inspirion 5575 Laptop could you please send me a new setup.exe file which has the very latest version (with additional components) because it is showing that installation got interrupted for unknown reason.
I have tried countless times to fix this issue and install it from different sources like Microsoft store but both showed the new additional updates are available so they both get the issue after downloading and attempting to install the additional update that installation interrupted. I hope you can reply as soon as you can because it's making the pc worm up after clean re-installation of win 10.

Momin_A_0-1590086865995.png

Momin_A_1-1590086878297.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Re: Dell power manager isn't installing additional updates on windows 10

You are mixing up Support Assistant with Power Manager. Power Manager has nothing to do with updates. It is for battery management.

https://www.dell.com/support/contents/en-us/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/softw...

It is better to run Windows Update yourself to get updates--Open Settings, select Update and Security, Windows Update. You can customize windows update by changing settings. Automatic Update can be selected. Support Assistant is not needed for updates. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I am trying to install it as I saw some primary options to use ac rather than battery and some nice cooling features. When downloading the software either from Dell website or Microsoft store they both show me there are additional updates to download which pressing it downloads "Dell power manager services" which then gets interrupted and doesn't install as it supposed to. I'm also trying to use this software so much because after windows clean re-installation the CPU fan for some reason stooped working while using the PC/on but in diagnosis mode in boot up BIOS I could hear it and everything get pass all the tests without any issues unlike while really using the PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentium

Power Manager is just a app that can access you battery condition in a graphical way beyond what Windows OS does. It has nothing to do with updating your PC. Lately I have seen several people who claim the power adjustments don't do anything anymore? I removed the app from my PC.

0 Kudos