Unsolved

M

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

May 21st, 2020 11:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

Dell power manager isn't installing additional updates on windows 10

This software is very useful but I have a problem installing it on my Inspirion 5575 Laptop could you please send me a new setup.exe file which has the very latest version (with additional components) because it is showing that installation got interrupted for unknown reason.
I have tried countless times to fix this issue and install it from different sources like Microsoft store but both showed the new additional updates are available so they both get the issue after downloading and attempting to install the additional update that installation interrupted. I hope you can reply as soon as you can because it's making the pc worm up after clean re-installation of win 10.

Momin_A_0-1590086865995.png

Momin_A_1-1590086878297.png

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 21st, 2020 12:00

You are mixing up Support Assistant with Power Manager. Power Manager has nothing to do with updates. It is for battery management.

https://www.dell.com/support/contents/en-us/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/software-and-downloads/dell-power-manager

It is better to run Windows Update yourself to get updates--Open Settings, select Update and Security, Windows Update. You can customize windows update by changing settings. Automatic Update can be selected. Support Assistant is not needed for updates. 

247 Posts

May 22nd, 2020 09:00

Power Manager is just a app that can access you battery condition in a graphical way beyond what Windows OS does. It has nothing to do with updating your PC. Lately I have seen several people who claim the power adjustments don't do anything anymore? I removed the app from my PC.

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

May 22nd, 2020 16:00

I am trying to install it as I saw some primary options to use ac rather than battery and some nice cooling features. When downloading the software either from Dell website or Microsoft store they both show me there are additional updates to download which pressing it downloads "Dell power manager services" which then gets interrupted and doesn't install as it supposed to. I'm also trying to use this software so much because after windows clean re-installation the CPU fan for some reason stooped working while using the PC/on but in diagnosis mode in boot up BIOS I could hear it and everything get pass all the tests without any issues unlike while really using the PC.

2 Posts

May 18th, 2021 21:00

SOLVED: I could manually download the latest version 3.8.0 that solved the problem.

1 Rookie

• 

42 Posts

Hi Community,

Uninstall the existing "My Dell" app from your Windows 10 device. Now restart the system and install 'Dell Power Manager". 99.99% of the cases, Dell Power Manager will be installed successfully. After installing, go to Microsoft Store and search for "My Dell" app. Now install the My Dell app. 

I've observed in most of the devices, My Dell app is somehow interfering with Dell Power Manager app. So the above process will mostly solve your issue. Notify me after you've tried my steps.

Regards

Avinash

2 Posts

I have exactly the same problem. I want to use these Cool option but Dell power manager does not show the options, instead offering an update which gives an error. The error says go My Dell to change power options but My Dell setting does not include anything with power. However, a few weeks ago I was able to change power/ performance settings from high performance to Cool etc. These options are gone now.

May 25th, 2021 00:00

Hi 

For me it also crashes when I try to unistall it too.

I have a similar issue. I've been using power manager allot as I want max performance sometimes and then quiet later on. Power manager let me set my requirments. I opened it up last week and it told me to update the software. I tried and it crashed with some sort of script error. I remove power manager and try to re-install it from scratch but that failed in the same way. I then found Dell power manager service so tried to uninstall that but that then failed with this same script problem. I'd love to get it  working again but I have a funny feeling that the solution is to re-set my laptop. 

Whats really annoying is the software worked perfectly till it was broken by a improvment. 

I have the same problem

To Mary G, no his not mixing up anything, you need to read his question again. 

1 Message

June 2nd, 2021 03:00

I have the same issue. Mine was working perfectly until it abruptly stopped working. Currently, it can't be updated or used. There are no functionalities on it; it requires an update that cannot go through. Dell needs to look into this issue as my system is overheating with revamping fan sounds every time.

September 20th, 2021 14:00

Microsoft has always been throwing out all kinds of questionable garbage as far as updates for Windows 10 (all versions) go, but since April or so it has sunk to new levels. I would be more inclined to believe that very few if any people have use of Power Manager that had it before May 11, 2021. This is now a Dell adapting to Windows 10 issue. Dell is more worried about how they can make more money off of new suc... er, customers than how they can keep current ones running and happy. Update your BIOS. Use your BIOS settings to manage your power options because otherwise with Dell, you got nothing coming. The guy saying version 3.8 manual download fixed the problem is a Dell unicorn. An obviously fake username.

1 Message

October 12th, 2021 00:00

I have the same problem as well.

Is there any solution?

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

October 12th, 2021 05:00

@Phoenix1907 wrote:

I have the same problem as well. Is there any solution?

Hi Phoenix1907:

What is your Windows operating system (if Win 10 include the version and build shown at at Settings | System | About | Windows Specifications), the model of your Dell computer, your current BIOS version (search for "System Information" or type "msinfo32" into the Run box to open the System Information panel and then look for "BIOS Version/Date"), and the current version of Dell Power Manager Service listed at Control Panel | Programs | Programs and Features.

Win 10 v21H1 Control Panel Programs Dell Power Manager v3_9_0 12 Oct 2021.png

What version of Dell Power Manager Service are you trying to install, how are you trying to install the update (e.g., are you using SupportAssist or Dell Update to automatically detect and install an available update, are you downloading the latest .exe installer for the Dell Power Manager Service from the support page for your Dell computer model and running the installer manually, etc.) and what error message is displayed when the update fails?
-----------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v21H1 build 19043.1237 * Firefox v93.0 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.2109.6 * MB Premium v4.4.8.137-1.0.1474 * Dell SupportAssist v3.10.3.3 * Dell Update for Windows 10 v4.3.0 * Dell Power Manager Service v3.9.0
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U CPU, 8 GB RAM, Dell 5583/5584 BIOS v1.15.0, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G 256 GB NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620

December 5th, 2021 22:00

I am facing exactly the same issue!!!!

No Events found!