Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2020 14:00

Driver power state failure

Hi.
Since I've spent 2 hours trying to find a solution to the problem, here's how it all began.
I've noticed something weird some time ago - My laptop was booting up as if I used the shutdown option when using sleep, sometimes. Wasn't bothering much since today - I got a bsod while working in davinci resolve(driver thread loop), analyzed using WhoCrashed, turns out I've been getting bsods/errors(Not really bsods, the WhoCrashed uses the phrase, it looks like it's fine, just turns on as from a shutdown) on a regular basis(It showed 15 logs) since a few months(driver power state failure), it also happened today. Not sure what the problem is, I've a pending October update so I'll try updating anyway.

I've an Inspiron 15 5000.

EDIT: I've found a guy with the same pc having the same/similar problem:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/how-to-fix-windows-10-driver-power-state-failure/0eb6f730-4f59-4534-ab07-36a878049010?auth=1

Community Manager

• 

2.6K Posts

June 17th, 2024 18:24

This error often occurs when switching on the power while running on battery.

To troubleshoot the "driver power state failure" error causing a Blue Screen of Death during reboot, several steps can be taken:

1. Update device drivers.
  2. Run a system file checker scan.
  3. Check for Windows updates.
  4. Perform a clean boot to identify the problematic driver.

If you still need assistance, please contact support by clicking the ‘Get Help Now’ button located at the bottom right corner of the page. The button is marked with a help icon for easy recognition as per the picture below:

No Events found!