Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

1 Message

April 2nd, 2020 17:00

G7 17 7790 AWCC Issues

Alienware Command Center is having multiple issues.

1st issue was audio. It would randomly change it to surround. I had to constantly go in and uncheck that option just so I could hear.

2nd issue was fan control. I t would randomly ramp up fans to 100% and I could NOT change it w/o restarting the computer completely.

Now, AWCC will not let me do anything. IF it loads at all, it crashes when I go to the Fusion page and select anything. OR, when I attempt to launch it, it loads and immediately crashes w/o giving any kind of error.

I have attempted killing all associated services with AWCC and relaunching this did nothing.

I have uninstalled and installed AWCC and AW OCC multiple times, again with no luck.

This appears to be a reoccurring issue with AWCC that a lot of people are having. Is there a fix in the works, or is there a fix at all?

2 Posts

April 24th, 2020 00:00

Same here. AWCC crashes when in FUSION tab.

Just bought new G7 and before dell update tool the AWCC was running perfectly.

After DELL UPDATE (and multiple reinstalls from Dell download site) the FUSION tab if left on "Overclock profiles" stays open and does not crash with 2 gauges: CPU and GPU. Before update there were 3

If pressed on temperature, power, sound or display AWCC crashes instantly

tried multiple reinstalls, updates and etc - nothing works

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

April 24th, 2020 12:00

I deleted the program entirely... and I'm using Throttlestop to manage voltage and clocks.

AWCC is a very poor solution.

2 Posts

April 25th, 2020 10:00

So I got AWCC working:

Before doing anything - DO NOT UPDATE - update seems to be the problem 

to uninstall - this link:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-lt/sln303405/how-to-remove-and-reinstall-the-alienware-command-center

Then to install - this link 

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/HELP-G7-17-7790-AWCC-not-showing-thermal-Settings/m-p/7436840#M70245

once again - DO NOT UPDATE - update seems to be the problem 

11 Posts

December 1st, 2020 23:00

me  too 

the  same problem  when i m trying change the   power profile the fan work in full mode (100%)

i  remove  complete

No Events found!