Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2021 09:00

Headphone jack not working

my headphone jack is not working correctly on my dell Inspiron 5567. I have to restart my computer every time to get it to work or I have to disable then enable the device in device manager. I've updated the drivers to the latest one but I'm still having the same issue. I cant find anything to fix this. 

2 Intern

• 

410 Posts

open MaxxAudio Pro in programs>click on the speaker top  left> choose headphones as your output device when you attach your headphones.

Additionally I suggest you click on advanced at the bottom and check the box for show popup dialogue when device is connected so choosing your headphones as output is made simple. you should now see this popup when you connect your headphones.

maxaudio popup.JPG

2 Posts

This isn't working either. headphones doesn't even show up as an option for output device 

2 Posts

January 28th, 2021 09:00

This could solve the problem of headphones jack not working on Dell PC.  

1. Right click the Speaker/sound device icon in the Systray and select 'Open Sound Settings' or go Windows Start button>System>Sounds.

2. Under 'Output' (Speaker/headphones(Realtek....) select 'Device Properties'.

3. Scroll down and and under 'Related Settings' select 'Additional Device Properties'.

4. Under 'Jack information' you will probably see only one entry 'LR Analogue Jack'. We will change settings so that you also see 'LR Front panel 3.5mm Jack'. 

4. Click the 'Advanced' tab. Under Exclusive mode, Deselect: 'Allow apps to take exclusive control of this device.'

5. You can leave or select Hardware acceleration and Enable audio enhancement options, they do not affect the issue we are resolving here.

6. Click 'OK'. Close the Settings/Devices window. You may need to restart your machine.

7. You're GTG. 

2 Posts

January 29th, 2021 03:00

Hmm, whilst the above procedure worked on my Dell Latitude 3301, it did not work on an Inspiron I have that developed the same problem.

In the latter case, Maxxaudio Pro was no longer displaying the "Which device did you plug in?' dialog box when I plugged headphones into the 3.5mm headphone socket. If I rebooted the laptop with the headphones connected, they worked but stopped working if I removed and reconnected them.    

I resolved the issue by re-installing the Realtek HD Audio driver and MaxxxAudio Pro, both obtained from Dell's driver and apps download area. I ended up with two instances of Maxxaudio Pro installed. (one also called Waves Maxxaudio Pro)  I tried but couldn't easily uninstall tone as it appeared to be baked into Dell's windows 10 installation. I've left them both installed as at least it all works as it should do.

Apologies for any confusion or if these fixes don't work for you. 

1 Message

April 4th, 2021 19:00

This worked!  Many thanks.

Wondering why Dell doesn't fix this?

286 Posts

April 4th, 2021 20:00

hi

kindly reinstall maxxaudio and realtek drivers from windows update .

hope that helps

do accept kudos a.... thanks .

1 Message

June 12th, 2021 18:00

Thanks it worked !

1 Message

July 1st, 2021 09:00

Thanks. This worked on my Dell XPS 8900 desktop PC.

1 Message

October 26th, 2021 20:00

Thanks bro for the help

No Events found!