Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 25th, 2019 12:00

How Do I reactivate Windows 8.1 after a files reset

I have a dell computer that is infected with adware The antivirus cannot fix it im planning to do a reset computer to factory setting and reinstall windows i need a reactivation key but on the computer did not labeled that

also Im using a dell inspiron 11 series 3000 

please help

Thanks. Dell’s Big Fan

13 Posts

July 25th, 2019 17:00

I just resetted my pc And It MAGICALLY auto Activated, i buy the computer from dell and it reactivated the windows

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

July 25th, 2019 14:00

If you laptop had come pre-installed with Windows 8.1, it will automatically activate. The product key is embedded on an IC on the motherboard.

Unless you absolutely must use Windows 8.1, you can install Windows 10, and it will activate as well.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

July 25th, 2019 15:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @Epik Gamer 

If you want try running "Combofix" to remove the adware.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

I have used it many times on W7 and W8 systems.

If you need to you can use the Dell OS Recovery Tool to create a USB recovery drive that you can use to reinstall the version of Windows or Linux that came with your PC:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/OSISO/recoverytool

For a clean Windows 10 install:

You can make a W10 USB flash drive installer with the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, using an 8/16 GB flash drive using another Windows PC, if your PC is not working.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

Here are the steps to create the W10 USB flash drive installer...

Select Download tool now, and select Run. If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.

On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.

Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10.

Select which media you want to use:

USB flash drive.

Plug in a blank USB flash drive with at least 8/16GB of space. Any content on the flash drive will be deleted.

After W10 installs, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

Best regards,

U2

NOTE: W8, W8.1 and W10 should activate automatically when you go online.

13 Posts

Now its worse Windows is corrupted

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

@Epik Gamer 

Yes as we said it would automatically activate.

Glad to help you solve your problem.

Regards,

U2

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

@Epik Gamer 

Until a "Moderator" approves of your picture only you can see it.

Can you describe what is worse???

Have you tested your HDD to see if it is failing???

Regards,

U2

13 Posts

1B550280-6FCC-4863-B91E-B0ED2BDCAD69.png Now its worse Windows is corrupted

No Events found!