Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Z

48 Posts

October 4th, 2018 09:00

How come the latest BIOS for 7567 has a lower number

The latest BIOS version for Inspiron 7567 is 1.6 and I currently have 1.7 and older are 1.8. What happened here?

What are we expected to do?

77 Posts

October 4th, 2018 12:00

Yeah, I am having the same issue! Maybe they figured it out that bios versions after 1.6 were **bleep**ty.

But they forgot that bios downgrade is locked !!  

Anyways I am facing another problem. After updating Realtek drivers, the audio output from speakers is very low and I think my subwoofer isn't working.  

48 Posts

October 5th, 2018 03:00

I think I have all the latest drivers. The only thing that I didn't install is the BIOS 1.8. I have no issues. I also have Intel's reference driver (an older version) and the current NVIDIA ones. Except for an issue due to NVIDA this spring my experience went from: "Why did I buy this trash?" To: "It is actually working pretty good now!" It took several Windows, driver and BIOS updates 12-18 months since its release until it got fully functional. Well except for the Intel's CPU bugs.

The only third party drivers that I install are the video ones the rest are from Dell's support page. I have no sound issues.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 5th, 2018 06:00

I am still running the 1.8.1 version, but my system was never plagued by the unwanted shutdowns some folks had.  Possibly the change was due to the Win 10 new build... 

I will be testing my system later for possible situations with Intel audio drivers which I believe are HDMI versions.

77 Posts

October 5th, 2018 08:00

Guys, please give me the link for Realtek Audio drivers. I have the latest version and it's not working properly. I tried 6.0.1.8142 A04 and it has the same issue. Any previous versions? Or any other driver which is compatible with the subwoofer!

Thanks for your help guys

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 6th, 2018 10:00

Since they have "Paused" the build update for at least one missing files situation, it may not be a consideration of whether you still want to update.

But I just woke my system up and when the spinning dots were working, I could see the desktop in the background, very dark but some icons were visible.  Right now the display is flickering quite badly... never happened before.  I will shutdown and restart to see if that helps.

October 6th, 2018 14:00

Yeah,

Wondering the same here. When I got the laptop i upgraded to 1.8. Should i downgrade to 1.6 ?

I believe you can unlock and allow the downgrade via a setting in the BIOS. but the question remains: should i really downgrade ? and why the funny versioning ?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 6th, 2018 18:00

There is a comment on the downloads which states the system cannot be downgraded to a prior Bios.  I tried it today and found the option in the Bios but it seems to be referring to a system where the Bios is corrupted and would allow you to reinstall the current version....

I think some folks may have a way to downgrade it, but if it was really important, Dell should have provided a Bios for those whose system is up to date, could have used.

48 Posts

October 10th, 2018 23:00

There is version 1.8.1 now

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 11th, 2018 04:00

I suppose a question now is, if you already had the 1.8.1 version, is this one the same or do we need to reinstall that the same version over the prior release...?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 11th, 2018 09:00

Thank you for your message. The BIOS for this system is re-released today & should take care of all the issues.

Please complete all Windows update & update BIOS (Version 1.8.1, even if you have the same version).

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

9 Posts

October 25th, 2018 00:00

Can't send you a message. When I search for your name, I get an error:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 7D718DA9.

May 5th, 2020 15:00

Anyone found a fix for the random shutdowns yet?

No Events found!