Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:02

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 16th, 2018 07:00

The freezing and crashing issues are not related to dell per se.    I have lots of clients that get clobbered by Feature Updates from 1703 to 1709 etc.  Then get hammered again with the flash updates and the Security Rollups. You didn't say what model Dell nor what OS version. Reinstalling doesn't help when feature updates and security roll ups come like a bad penny over and over again. The other Issue I have with 10 is all the background nonsense that lags the machine.  I end up turning ALL LIVE TILES OFF on the start menu one at a time.  I turn ALL NOTIFICATIONS OFF,  I turn CORTANA to OFF and a lot of other things. Microsoft isn't taking accountability for any of this but I can tell you from direct experience that its not going to change and is not related to Dell or any other vendor for that matter.

Go to Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Advanced options>Choose how updates are delivered>Updates from more than one place = Off.

Another setting is power where it turns hard drive off every 20 minutes.  Change this to 480 minutes.  Same with display etc.

Change Performance options to HIGH performance not power saver or balanced.

No Events found!