Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 2nd, 2019 11:00

Inspiron 15 5000 HDMI not active

When i connect my laptop to my TV using the HDMI port, the TV indicates no signal present. That same cable and TV port works fine with my setbox connected.

How do I activate the HDMI port on laptop.

November 12th, 2019 01:00

Willem 2020, 

I've reviewed the recent update and understand that the issue was with the Operating System image itself. Glad to know that the reset helped. Looks like this was never an issue with the motherboard at all. While I'm sure you'd have wished that the onsite technician did the reset for you, they're only trained to replace parts that we ship to them. They do not troubleshoot unfortunately. We, the technical support team help with the troubleshooting.

October 2nd, 2019 12:00

I have also tried holding the Fn key and pressing F1, but no change.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

October 2nd, 2019 13:00

You sure you got the right input selected on your monitor?

already tried that. when i hit the f1 key, in the top left corner of laptop screen appears what looks like a volume selector with an X at the bottom of it. Then it disappears. Still no signal on tv.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

Turn on your Dell laptop and then power on your HDTV or LCD monitor. Navigate to the correct "Input" channel on your TV or monitor. Hold the "Fn" key on your keyboard, then press the "F1" button to engage the video output. Your laptop's display should now appear on the TV or monitor.

Hi,

We have replied to you via private note. Please check the same and let me know if the steps provided help. 

Looking forward to your response. 

1 Message

November 11th, 2019 22:00

Hi there,

I am experiencing the same issue on my Dell. I get a "No signal" message when I plug the laptop into my LG 65 UF 95 TV via HDMI. I tested it with other laptops and it works fine. 

Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks.

WP

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2024 21:42

Hello, I am having the same issue with my Inspiron 5000, can someone send me the instructions on how to troubleshoot?

thank you!

No Events found!