Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2018 08:00

Inspiron 15 5570 bluetooth suddenly disappeared

Please help someone!

My Bluetooth suddenly just disappeared from my laptop - there was nothing installing at the time so I know nothing has overwritten it, it no longer shows in Device Manager at all, I have re-downloaded the driver from the support page for the model, tried modifying it, repairing and then uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. I also tried to use the Troubleshoot on my laptop but it tells me that there is no Bluetooth on my laptop which I know there is.

No matter what I try I cannot seem to get my bluetooth back on, when in the bluetooth settings the button is missing to turn it on entirely!

Any help would be appreciated.

November 12th, 2019 15:00

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-disappered-from-device-manager-with/fd246f79-c31c-40a2-a0a1-5660e0e07cfc?page=1

You can try this. It works in the case of Blue tooth disappearing from Device manager and settings. Apparently, the 

motherboard loses connection with the bluetooth chip inside the laptop, by following these steps (at the very end of the thread): navigate to shutdown options, hold shift key and click 'Shut down' to perform a hard-shut down,

unplug laptop from everything, then hold its power key for 90 seconds + 3 to ensure it really is 90 seconds. 

then power the laptop back on again. blue tooth should start working.

July 29th, 2018 09:00

I am not a dell tech. I am just here to help others with my knowledge.

Step-1: Bluetooth service

Check if bluetooth service is running.

1. Press Windows + R to launch the Run application. Type “services.msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
  2. Once in Services, navigate through all the entries until you find “Bluetooth Support Service”. Double-click the service to launch its properties.
  3. If the service is stopped click restart. And also select startup type as automatic.

Step-2: Booting in safe mode

I am assuming you have win 10 installed.

open start >> press power icon >> holding shift press restart.

After restart do the following.

troubleshoot >> advanced options >>  startup settings >> restart. 

After restart press 4 to open windows in safe mode.

Check if bluetooth is present in safe mode.

To exit safe mode simply press restart.

Some users found that booting into safe mode and back to normal mode solved their problem,

Step-3: Windows update

Sometimes windows update might fix the problems. Try updating windows by settings >> update and security >> windows update.

Step-4: Diagnostics with support assist.

Run a hardware scan and support assist app will let you know if there is any problem with your bluetooth driver/hardware.

If it says it's all fine, then open troubleshooting tab and under system devices click bluetooth device.

After troubleshooter check if support assist shows any errors.

Even after following the above troubleshooting steps didn't solve the problem let me know. 

1 Message

August 9th, 2018 08:00

This just happened to my new Dell laptop after turning it on from Hibernate. Tried restarting Windows but no luck. What fixed it was performing a full shutdown. To do a full shutdown in Windows 10 press the shift key and select Shut down from the menu. After turning on the computer, the Bluetooth icon is back in the Task Bar and in the Action Center.

https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/2-ways-to-perform-a-full-shutdown.html

1 Message

November 14th, 2018 10:00

Step 1 or 2 fixed the same problem on my Inspiron 5370. This is the 2nd time it happens during the last 3 months. The first time i had to reset windows installation though which was a pain... Thanks so much Ande !

December 18th, 2018 07:00

I'm glad that helped you. Thank you for letting me know.

December 18th, 2018 07:00

I got to know that full shutdown+starting is same as restarting. But didn't get why your problem wasn't solved after restart, if the full shutdown+starting helped.

January 3rd, 2019 06:00

Hi guys i had this same issue and fixed it by shutting down, but this is happening quite frequently, is there a more permanent fix for this issue? thanks Jack

1 Message

February 26th, 2019 16:00

Mine is also having this problem now. First time.. Still going through windows update, hopefully that does it. I didnt see any bluetooth info while in safe mode.. I do hope there is a more permanent fix and soon..

1 Message

March 16th, 2019 07:00

Encountered this same issue with my DEL 7490. Restarted computer few times but didn't help. Performed shut down and then power on and problem was fixed. Probably when Restart function is used, computer is not fully turning off.

1 Message

March 21st, 2019 15:00

Thanks Ande for the advice.

My Inspiron 5770 has had the same disappearing bluetooth problem ever since I got it. I even got Dell to replace the wireless/bluetooth card and still the problem persists. 

My bluetooth disappeared again at the start of the week and I assumed it would come back some time or other when it felt like it. However, as you recommended, I just rebooted in Safe Mode and then returned to a standard reboot and voila - Bluetooth is back :-). If someone wants to explain to me why this has happened, I'm all ears.

Jonathan 

November 1st, 2019 21:00

Hi all, I have this issue just arising on an Inspiron 15 3555.

I have tried all suggestions as listed above with no success. Any other ideas?

Thank you,

Chris

1 Message

November 9th, 2019 09:00

I have same issue with the same model 15 5570, Did you found any solution? 

December 19th, 2019 06:00

Instant SUCCESS for me by using this Shift+Shut-Down method. Thanks Franc Ram.

1 Message

December 19th, 2019 20:00

Check airplane mode and make sure it is turned off.  I find that with every new windows update there are features added that turn off your personal settings. You have to find the interface location and adjust back to the way you had it before, ticking the right boxes that were not there before the update. Taskmanager to, services helps you restart a  service and select automatic.  Also you can choose the priority like fast, medium or slow.

1 Message

March 12th, 2020 08:00

Hello, I have a G5 5590 and the bluetooth disappeared also in BIOS. In the system description I got "Bluetooth; (none)".

Now it's working again and what I did was:

Disconnected the battery cable from the system board, pressed and held the power button for 5 seconds to ground the computer and drain the flea power. Connected the battery again.

After this the bluetooth appeared in BIOS and it get back to work again.

No Events found!