Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

4 Posts

May 13th, 2019 06:00

Inspiron 15-7000, WiFi not working after two weeks

I just bought an Inspiron 15 7000 2 weeks ago. The WiFi worked, now WiFi won't connect unless I reboot the laptop at least one time or 2! I'm wasting hours! And when I'm lucky enough to have a connection, it just disconnect after a short time! I obviously spent a lot of time on forums and tried several suggested solutions but it didn't work. So if you cannot sell a properly working laptop, I guess you won't help or answer either.

May 13th, 2019 07:00

Hi!

I know its pretty annoying!

Do you have bluetooth on your laptop? If it has, try to connect it with your phone, bluetooth speaker or anything else. Does it disconnect too?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 13th, 2019 08:00

Profanity and attacking will not be allowed. Read the Forum Terms of Use.

* Click my name and private message me the laptop service tag number
* Prior to the WiFi not working, what driver changes did you make to the operating system?

4 Posts

May 21st, 2019 07:00

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, yes Bluetooth is working fine ! I can use speakers and send files to my phone.

But now Wi-Fi isn't working at all, I got the support again for hours (no result), they sent me a new wireless card but it's still not recognised. They don't know what to do so I need to send them the laptop. Probably one more month without it and they pretend they can't send it to France where I'll move by the time they finish repairing it...........

This company is a joke....

4 Posts

I sent you the service tag in pm. I didn't updated anything myself, I figured that when you buy a computer it's supposed to work without to download or install drivers or I don't know what. But your colleagues spent hours on this though, not sure what they did.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

There have been quite a few folks with complaints about their wireless.  So something is changing which may be effecting your situation.

You don't have to do updates yourself, Windows will do some all on its own and may even push some updates from Dell.  When that happens, the chance of basic settings being changed or drivers being disrupted can occur.  The problem may be with Windows and not Dell.

The chances of two wireless cards being faulty is very remote.  The chances of a new card not being recognized is also strange.  There is always a chance part of your system may have failed but the Bluetooth working means the card is still powered and functioning.

If you get the system back, give us some time to go through any troubleshooting procedures.  Keep an eye on your system and maybe make note of version numbers of drivers for the card to see if they change.  And keep in mind, most of us are not Dell employees.

No Events found!