Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 25th, 2018 13:00

Inspiron 3737 won't charge when turned on

My Inpiron 3737 laptop won't charge when connected on the AC Adapter.Or i should say better that it may charge for a minute and then stop and then repeat.It will charge normally however, when the laptop is off.I tried downgrading and then updating BIOS,some tricks,uninstalled the AC Adapter( each one of those )and installed them again(in Device Manager)but nothing worked.In BIOS Battery is functioning normally but the AC Adapter is not recognized.I  shouldn't forget to mention that the laptop is lagging for a couple of seconds,occasionally, when on AC Adapter.Any suggestions would help.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

July 25th, 2018 14:00

If the adapter is not recognized, the battery will not charge.  First thing to try is a new, OEM Dell adapter.  If that too goes unrecognized, replace the DC power jack.

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=15269

One of those two will likely solve the problem.  If not, the charge circuit is bad and the mainboard will need replacement.

3 Posts

July 25th, 2018 22:00

What i find strange is that it charges when it's turned off,so could it be a software issue instead? Thanks in advance

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2018 06:00

It was the jack after all.It is solved now ,thanks.

No Events found!