Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

2 Posts

May 29th, 2020 06:00

Inspiron 5559, speakers not working, headphone works

I have an Inspiron 5559. I cannot get any audio from the speakers in the laptop, but whenever I plug in headphones the audio is fine. I have updated windows, updated drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, made sure nothing on the computer is muted, etc. And it does not still think the headphones are plugged in. (Also, the speakers were working fine last time I used the computer, but I had to take it to a tech guy to get the power jack and the palm rest replaced. When I got it back and turned it on, the sound wasn't working. Could it be that he did not plug the sound card or something in right? But then why would the headphones work?).

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

May 29th, 2020 13:00

You might need to switch your sound system from HeadPhone to speakers, right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar for settings.

2 Posts

November 13th, 2020 09:00

Did you ever get your speakers working?  I'm having the same problem with my Inspiron 13 5000 laptop.

December 2nd, 2020 01:00

@NeedHelp4 I have this exact laptop and exact issue after a technician replaced the screen for me

They relooked at it now and say it's a software issue but after the numerous tests I've done its clearly hardware.

I'm unsure of how the speakers could have been affected as they sit in a completely separate place to where the screen is. 

2 Posts

December 2nd, 2020 16:00

@Callmezorro and @Bergi So I texted the tech guy that I was having issues with the sound ever since he returned the laptop to me. He very nicely walked me through how to dissemble the laptop to check to see if the sound jack was plugged in. Sure enough, he just forgot to plug it back in, so I popped it into the port, reassembled the laptop, and it worked fine after that. Not sure if this will help you, but I hope you get it figured out soon!

December 2nd, 2020 22:00

Thanks @NeedHelp4. Last night I actually decided to open up my laptop and have a look for myself as it's just 2 screws to open it up (besides for having to carefully pry open the plastic part the screws held down). My issue was in fact the exact same as yours! No idea why but the technicians clearly disconnected the speaker port even though they'd told me they never opened that compartment at all to replace the screen.

IMG_20201202_123852.jpg

Not sure if this was a way for them to get me to return my laptop so they could fix their diagnosed "software issue" or not. I guess I'll never know, or use them again.

Anyway, I'm glad it was an easy fix and glad yours is sorted also

1 Message

May 9th, 2021 19:00

This was the exact situation for me as I had to clean it  myself and forgot to plug in the cable for the sound card or speakers. And thanks for the picture for letting me know where exactly it was rather than snooping around yet again.

1 Message

December 31st, 2021 09:00

1st) Try to check speaker 4 pins brother, It may be the belt. (My problem solved doing this)

2nd)If not then check the speaker through the multimeter.

3rd)If that's not the case then it's the software fault to reinstall the audio software.

No Events found!