Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Z

13 Posts

March 10th, 2019 16:00

Inspiron 7380, loud noise when connected to the charger

I'm facing the same issue with an Inspiron 7380 which I bought on 9 March 2019, except that it happens every time when the charger is connected. The fan spins like crazy. Hope Dell will come up with a real solution. 

13 Posts

March 10th, 2019 16:00

Bought an Inspiron 7380 on 9 March 2019. The fan is loud and noisy when connected to charger. 

Read online that the Dell Power Manager have a Thermal Power Management option to reduce the noise. 

However, on Dell Power Manager v3.2.0, the Thermal Power Management option is missing. 

Have tried to install an older version of Dell Power Command Manager but installation was unsuccessful.

Can somebody suggest solutions to rectify the noisy fan noise or coil whine when connected to the charger? It is irritating people in a quiet environment like library and offices especially during meetings.

13 Posts

March 11th, 2019 09:00

When the AC adapter is connected, the fan starts to get very loud and noisy. The CPU speed also starts to increase to arpund 3.5Ghz to 4.3GHz. All these while, the laptop is in an idle state with no programs running on it. 

The BIOS version is the latest found on Dell update page. In fact, all Dell updates have already been installed on the laptop.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 11th, 2019 09:00

Thank you for your message. Have you observed any performance issue when the AC adapter is connected?

What is the BIOS version installed?

Download & save the following drivers on your desktop screen.
1) Dell Chipset Device software driver
2) Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal driver (IDPTF)
3) BIOS (even if you have the latest driver)

Open device manager – expand Intel dynamic platform driver – click on uninstall (check the box that says delete driver) Do not restart the computer.

Install the Chipset driver followed by the IDPTF driver & then the BIOS, restart the computer.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 11th, 2019 11:00

Please remove the IDPTF driver & update the driver again, this has resolved many fan noise issues.

If the issue persists, please share an audio of the fan noise. I will be glad to investigate this for you.

13 Posts

March 12th, 2019 19:00

Hi, I tried the steps that you have suggested. But the issue still persist. Whenever, the AC adapter is connected, the fan starts to get very loud and noisy and the CPU speed also start to increase to around 3.5Ghz to 4.3GHz. All these while, the laptop is in an idle state with no programs running on it. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 13th, 2019 13:00

Please share audio of the fan noise along with the service tag, registered name & email address. I will have this escalated.

Thanks, 

Sreejith 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 14th, 2019 06:00

Create a video with audio showing us the issue. Then post the video on YouTube or Vimeo. Then share the link to us.

13 Posts

This is really disappointing.

There should at least be an option to be uploaded onto a Dell's cloud storage or something.

13 Posts

I will not post on YouTube or Vimeo just to create a case.

Please provide alternative authenticated methods.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Those are your only options. There are no, "alternative authenticated methods.".

13 Posts

Hi,

please advise hoe do you want me to share the audio.

1 Message

September 3rd, 2019 20:00

Hi, i have the same problem, is there any solution to the fan noise? , i updated all drivers available and still continue noise

Jimmy Perez

1 Message

January 13th, 2020 10:00

Anyone find a solution to this fan noise issue?

7 Posts

January 26th, 2020 06:00

am facing the same issue with my new inspiron 7490, did you solve the issue? or dell provide you with one?

2 Posts

March 29th, 2020 05:00

I am also have the same problem on G3 3579 and I have tried many solutions. I think Dell company didn't have any solution. They only try and try with any knowledge about the problem. Last product with Dell Company.

No Events found!