Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

20 Posts

April 22nd, 2019 07:00

Inspiron 7580 intel i7-8565U CPU Throttle - LAG and other issues

Hi, I'm from brazil I`m new owner of a dell inspiron 7580. When it's arrived I got happy but minutes late I got sad... CPU Throttle the most common issue on inspiron serie. research on the internet I found ThrottleStop, and if Disable the turbo boost OR the BD PROCHOT that I don't recommend (Thermal limit, it's dangerous) the laptop works with no issues. But I don't want 3° party solution... So I research more and more and discovery Intel-XTU.. but it doesn't work on laptops, but!!!! there is a way to make it's work... and when I install and see the configuration of the I7-8565U I was terrified!!!! The intel official site informations : I7-8565 NORMAL TDP 15W, DOWN TDP 10w and UP TDP 25W. And the reason that I have been terrified is the intel I7-8565U in inspiron 7580 was configure with TDP 51W. OMG!!!! When I stop use ThrottleStop, unistall it, reboot the laptop. then configure the CPU to UP TDP to 25W and no anymore 51W!!!! All the issues gone!!!! So if you buy this laptop... I hope that I could help with this post! Have a nice day!

42 Posts

April 24th, 2019 10:00

Yes. Noticed that on mine ,along with some heat and fan lag issues. Laptop is know at repair centre requiring a new fan and motherboard. Gutted ,only had it 6 weeks. The issue had best not be caused by bad bios configuring the tdp ,as mine was updated without me doing through dell update. I hope they sort this out ,if it goes wrong again I will not be best pleased to put it mildly.

42 Posts

April 25th, 2019 10:00

What temps are you getting now ? Have you had any black screen issues forcing a re-boot ? How did you lower the TDP UP figure please ?

42 Posts

April 27th, 2019 08:00

Update.. An update.. Well after a black screen and being unresponsive ,I sent laptop for check and repair. Turns out intel graphics chip is fried and the laptop got far too hot. Repair centre replaced motherboard and a faulty fan. Not best pleased as it's only 6 weeks old ,and repair centre have yet to deliver it ,but they have worked quickly to repair it ,although the motherboard had to come from Dell and took a while. I hope it lasts for as long as I want it now ,lost confidence in it to be honest. NO more Dell bios updates for me and the software will be removed / replaced with a vanilla Windows 10. Fingers crossed.

293 Posts

April 27th, 2019 17:00

Ya,  many people don't realize that the BIOS is attached to the motherboard and best to leave orig. factory BIOS well enough alone.     Nice that your issues are fixed or being fixed.   I don't bother with any other updates that they or any other PC manufacture mentions,  too.    Might find unwanted issues to try and fix.  

I make sure I run the, "Disk Cleanup," on a regular basis.  Especially, after any MS monthly updates.  I let it remove the previous Windows updates/upgrades too.  Just b/c, I will run "Free Malwarebytes," periodically.  I had an issue 8+ years ago, and Free Malwarebytes took care of the issue.  Kept the icon on my laptops ever since.

42 Posts

April 28th, 2019 01:00

I run Malwarebytes regularly too ,along with the occasional use of CCleaner , but much the same as yourself I do run disk cleanup once a week or so ,especially after any major updates.

20 Posts

April 29th, 2019 15:00

Hey, like I Said to fix this, You need Just install the Intel XTU, the laptop isn't compatible but there are tutorials in internet to make It compatible.... And reduce by yourself tdp from 51w to 25 and ALL YOUR PROBLEMS GONE

1 Message

January 12th, 2020 16:00

@RickyXDs Can u pls share your Intel xtu configuration because i have the same laptop with high temp and i can't fix it

No Events found!