This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2018 19:00

Inspiron N5110 "Plugged in, not charging"

Hi,

My laptop N5110

I have problem with charging the battery,

after I bought new battery but type"N4010 dell" as the vender told me it's work because it has same voltage properties.

anyway I used it for two months then after that the problem started by plugged in and not charging.

- if  I unplug my charger from the laptop then put it back, it will charge again for 10 seconds then will show the problem " plugged but not charging " .

- I tried the conventional method to reset my battery sensor by turning the laptop off and then turn it without battery and delete the battery configuration from the device manager then turn the laptop off and put the battery on, then  turn the laptop back on, it will charge for 2 mins then show same problem again.

I downloaded a program to test he battery errors, it shows me the battery health 95%. 

So any body can advise me what to do ? change the battery or change the charger?

I'm afraid if the battery sensor has been corrupted cause the different battery model I have used.

Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

August 11th, 2018 06:00

That means the adapter and charging circuit is ok -- which leaves the battery as the faulty part.

August 11th, 2018 09:00

Thank you very much,

I will order a new battery, and whenever I receive it, I will let you know if the problem is solved. 

Best regards, 

Muhammed. 

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

August 11th, 2018 03:00

Does the system correctly identify the AC adapter and battery, or does one or the other - or both show unknown?

F2 at powerup to check.

August 11th, 2018 04:00

Hello, 

Thank you.

I took a picture to what you told to to check, I seen only AC adaptor  90 w.

but I haven't check before my problem whether same setting or something has been changed like battery type etc..

I hope that  can find the solution.

let me know.

My best regards,

Muhammed.

March 6th, 2019 13:00

Hi @treuland ,

As the previous recommendation I received from @ejn63  ,  to change the battery and everything went perfect (the maintenance unit told me there's a short in battery circuit,  ex: one of the 6 cells are not working).

However, in case your situation, you need to try using a new charger if not working then the problem is in the motherboard. 

Regards. 

Mohammed. 

1 Message

March 6th, 2019 13:00

I've had same problem and tried same things. I put new battery in and still does the same. New battery is 85%.  If anyone has answer......

Thanks

No Events found!