Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

6 Posts

September 16th, 2019 13:00

Inspiron i7 5767 Audio & Video Pausing, hesitating Buzzing and oversensitive mouse on Windows 10

I began having this problem a couple of weeks ago with Spotify pausing and buzzing/pausing/hesitating. I noticed it also happens with any program that uses audio or video like youtube, any media player, skype, google chat, any radio website. The mouse is also now very sensitive and double clicks all the time when I'm sure I've only single clicked. The mouse also pauses. This laptop is unusable. I have tried many different things, and after each step all having zero effect:. 1. applied all dell updates 2. applied all windows updates. 3. Rolled back Windows to the state before the problems started happening. 4. updated to the latest BIOS 5. Clean factory installation of Windows 10 (my data was backed up onto a 5tb backup drive) 6. Ran all windows and dell updates after the factory installation I've seen multiple posts like this one and no answers. Anybody at Dell have an answer? Please?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 17th, 2019 04:00

One cause of pausing, dropouts, etc is Internet connection. 

Download and run the free (and popular) Resplendence Latency Mon program.  It may help to identify what is causing it. 

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

September 17th, 2019 08:00

Thanks for the suggestion. I ran the test, and it did give a warning that I am having issues with audio and video playback LOL, but the program suggested to disable throttling, which is something I can't find out how to do on my dell, there is nowhere to do it in the control panel or in the bios as suggested.

I'm beginning to suspect it might be the battery which is near the end of it's life according to bios diagnostics.

September 17th, 2019 11:00

Here's what LatencyMon said:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:02:32 (h:mm:ss) on all processors

No Events found!