Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

May 16th, 2022 20:00

Laptop won't charge after BIOS update

Did a BIOS update on my  Inspiron 3593 and now the BIOS says that the ac adapter isn't installed and because of that it won't charge. I have absolutely no idea how to fix this. Can someone please help? I've tried uninstalling the battery driver from the device manager thing and letting it reinstall but that didn't help at all. 

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

August 17th, 2022 13:00

I've given up trying to solve this. Decided to just ditch dell laptops altogether because of the lack of help with this issue. Thanks for nothing

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

May 16th, 2022 20:00

@parmsesean wrote:

Did a BIOS update on my  Inspiron 3593 and now the BIOS says that the ac adapter isn't installed and because of that it won't charge. I have absolutely no idea how to fix this. Can someone please help? I've tried uninstalling the battery driver from the device manager thing and letting it reinstall but that didn't help at all. 

See if you can downgrade the BIOS update.

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000130652/downgrading-the-system-bios-on-a-dell-system

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

May 17th, 2022 00:00

What is the version of BIOS installed? Did you install from the Support site or did you get a notification on Support Assist?

Please enter BIOS & check the status of the AC adapter & battery.

May 17th, 2022 01:00

Will suggest downloading new bios from the official website and installing them again.

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

May 17th, 2022 03:00

I tried that, still won't charge. 

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

May 17th, 2022 03:00

Windows update is where it came from. I'm using the OEM ac adapter and charger. After the BIOS update it says the ac adapter isn't installed. 

November 2nd, 2023 15:43

@parmsesean​ I have the same problem... I know you ditched the laptop but by any chance did you know what was wrong

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

September 18th, 2024 22:48

I had the same problem with a fairly new battery and got it to charge by doing the following.

1) Shutdown your laptop

2) Remove bottom cover

3) Disconnect the battery

4) Hold down the power button to drain residual power

5) Reconnect your battery 

6) Put the bottom cover back on

Your laptop should now charge.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

September 18th, 2024 22:53

@MohamedAbdelfattah​ If you still have your laptop I posted a solution that worked for me.

(edited)

No Events found!