Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

F

1 Message

June 2nd, 2023 02:00

Non existing G15 5525 with non existing specification

Good morning,

Recently I got brand new Dell G15 5525 laptop from an outlet reseller.

Laptop came with Win11 installed, but lacking some drivers. Due to it I went to Dell Drivers and Software web page and entered machine Service Tag to get it identified and download needed drivers.

Strangely, Dell database states that such machine does not exist. I tried other route, downloaded Dell Support Assistance tool to get identified automatically. Tool recognized it as G15 5525 model, but again, states that there is no drivers or other software avaliable to download for such computer.

Puzzled even more, I downloaded and installed HWInfo64 program to check what is in fact inside the case of my laptop. It found AMD Ryzen 7 6800U, 16GB od RAM, Kioxia SSD, and... GeForce RTX 3070. Without Ti.

What is once more strange, as from all sources I found, 5525 was never offered with "regular" RTX 3070. Only 3070 Ti.

So in short I got a laptop which Dell does not recognize, with specification which was never offered. Is it some pre-production unit? Would gladly take more info about that specific unit, but cannot contact Dell support as they system does not recognize it's Service Tag.

20230602_085938_HDR.jpg

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

June 2nd, 2023 03:00

You'll need to contact your seller to find out the system history and for an explanation as to why the service tag does not resolve.  If you don't receive a satisfactory resolution, return the system for a refund.

No Events found!