Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

December 3rd, 2021 11:00

OS Recovery tool can't download OS image

I keep getting unable to connect to backend repeatedly.

Can I do anything to fix this?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

December 5th, 2021 14:00

Use the Windows 11 or Windows 10 Media Creation Tool instead. Then install Dell Update to update your system drivers.

1 Rookie

• 

14 Posts

September 25th, 2022 10:00

That defeats the reason we want to DL the actual OS image.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

September 25th, 2022 12:00

@acdclark wrote:

That defeats the reason we want to DL the actual OS image.

The original OS image may be several iterations of Windows 10 old.

In other words, if the original OS is of Windows 10 20H2, there has been 21H1 and 21H2  since then. No point in going that far back.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2024 17:25

We recently acquired a number of laptops from a local government agency.  I created a SupportAssist USB Drive and it worked on the first 22 systems to reinstall and revert to factory settings.  I logged in, created and admin and local account, and downloaded and installed all updates.  I have tried to complete this process with 3 other systems and the Support Assist is erroring on the download OS at the beginning of the process.  It will not complete the process. Nothing different on these systems.  SSD HD was wiped and BIOS is unlocked and reset to factory settings too.  Not sure what the problem is.  Any help would be appreciated.  

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2024 17:25

@HScribner​ The issue is dell premium support is absolutely worthless. Ive had my xps 8950 for over a year and have reached out to dell 30 plus times only to get children reading scripts put in front of them, and the same "do a clean install" or give me a few minutes to look into this matter, and 20 minutes later you still haven't heard back. This company is absolutely PITIFUL. wish i never would have even thought about touching one of their products. absolute garbage. "we'll have our expert reach out to you within the next day or two"...... 7 days later i get a call at the most inconvenient time possible. WORD TO YOU DELL - SOME OF US EXPECT THE SERVICE WE PAY FOR NOT A BUNCH OF RUN AROUND ANSWERS.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

16-05-2024 22:53 PM

@HScribner​ The issue is dell premium support is absolutely worthless. Ive had my xps 8950 for over a year and have reached out to dell 30 plus times only to get children reading scripts put in front of them, and the same "do a clean install" or give me a few minutes to look into this matter, and 20 minutes later you still haven't heard back. This company is absolutely PITIFUL. wish i never would have even thought about touching one of their products. absolute garbage. "we'll have our expert reach out to you within the next day or two"...... 7 days later i get a call at the most inconvenient time possible. WORD TO YOU DELL - SOME OF US EXPECT THE SERVICE WE PAY FOR NOT A BUNCH OF BS RUN AROUND ANSWERS.

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

June 24th, 2024 15:07

@Philip_Yip​ does not work if computer is a windows 8.1 inspron

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

June 24th, 2024 15:12

have an inspron that is windows 8.1 download will not start cant use the computer that is the problem someone tried to install windows 10 had to wipe hdd to even get it to stop bootloop ,and yes tried to uninstall 10 but it had made such a mess of recovery partition could do nothing with it

No Events found!