Unsolved

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 16th, 2019 08:00

Question About Dell Driver Download Page

Yesterday, I visited Dell driver download page and noticed these bizzare things

1. Intel HID Event Filter Driver is not listed unless I unchecked a checkbox for only displaying driver for my service tag. Now more driver displayed for my model and the driver is already there.
  2. I tried to install Realtek Memory Card Reader Driver on my Inspiron 14 3467. It was failed and gave me this following error log file. I've tried installing the older version the result was the same.
  3. The download page shows Intel HD Graphics Driver 620. My laptop has Intel HD Graphics 520.

This is not my first time doing clean install of Windows 10. I've done this many times and I have never encountered such problem. Is it intended or something wrong about Dell website?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 16th, 2019 09:00

I've just reinstalled my Windows 10 for some akward reason (it hard to explain). That's why I need drivers. Now I'm left with uncomplete driver on my laptop.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 16th, 2019 09:00

Laptops rarely if ever get driver updates. Why were you trying to update drivers? You should already have all the win 10 drivers since you installed it before. A Clean Install doesn't change the drivers. Use the scanner on the download page to see what drivers-if any-you need OR Check Device Manager to see if you need any drivers. If everything is working OK, you don't need any diff drivers.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

March 19th, 2019 10:00

Use Dell Update, it will scan your system hardware IDs and check the installed driver versions. If it finds a device which has a newer driver on the Dell server it will install it for you:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=HGDR1&osCode=WT64A&productCode=xps-13-9365-2-in-1-laptop

No Events found!