Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

September 19th, 2018 00:00

Touchpad Buttons not working 5748

New motherboard and keyboard fiited by repair shop. Top of Touchpad works fine, but the right and left click buttons won't work. Windows 10 64bit. I have installed latest touchpad driver per my Service Tag, to no avail.

Any Ideas please. I'd be very grateful!

Cheers

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 19th, 2018 11:00

Thank you for your message.

Are the buttons clicking in or are they stuck?  Were the buttons working fine prior to the keyboard replacement?

If you have Dell Support Assist installed, run a test on the touchpad buttons & check if that works. You can also run a custom test on the touchpad buttons follow these steps to run the steps.

1) Press at the Dell Logo screen

2) At the One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, then press to begin ePSA.

3) Choose no for memory test and then choose system test

4) Now click on the custom test and highlight Touchpad/ input devices and click run test

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 19th, 2018 11:00

Thank you for your message.

Are the buttons clicking in or are they stuck?  Were the buttons working fine prior to the keyboard replacement?

If you have Dell Support Assist installed, run a test on the touchpad buttons & check if that works. You can also run a custom test on the touchpad buttons follow these steps to run the steps.

1) Press at the Dell Logo screen

2) At the One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, then press to begin ePSA.

3) Choose no for memory test and then choose system test

4) Now click on the custom test and highlight Touchpad/ input devices and click run test

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

2 Posts

June 9th, 2020 12:00

I realize this is an old post. I am contributing to anyone who is hunting for a fix. I have an inspiron 7000 13 but I think the problem may exist over many different models. The fix to my touchpad buttons not working was to replace a swollen battery. The swollen battery apparently prevents the pressing of the buttons. Touchpad is like new again! Goodluck. 

No Events found!